Quantum's Accessories

Did anyone else notice the special little silver Q pin badges that were provided in the special bags at the opera and also sported by the guy who hugged Greene after his speech at the party??

Despite not being someone with plans for world domination if I was the head of a secret organisation (with concerns about being found out and a suspicion that the secret services are already on to them) would I go to the time and trouble to issue them with a natty little badge to help them stand out even more??? Surely those in the know already know each other and any new members would be introduced in a slightly more discreet way perhaps?

I apologise if I'm being dumb and missing something altogether so if anyone can put it into context for me then please do!!

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Hey lavabubble! :)

I haven't seen the film yet ( X-( ), but I think they're going for something along the lines of those oh-so-cool SPECTRE rings, with the octopus.

Seems like a it's a 'secret society'-type thing, like the Masons, etc.---an 'in your face' defiance of outsiders that appeals to me as a bit of character and plot business.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • lavabubblelavabubble Posts: 229MI6 Agent
    I thought that might be what they were going for as there is a lot of 'homage' stuff going on in the film but (when you finally see the film :007) ) watch out for Mr White's comments at the beginning and it doesn't seem to make so much sense that they'd tag themselves so clearly!!