Where's the waistcoat?

StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
Has anyone else noticed the following: (try to keep up)

At the end of CR, Bond shoots Mr White. He then bundles him up and puts him into the boot of the DBS. He is wearing a pin stripe 3 piece suit, complete with waistcoat. OK so far?

Then he is chased through Italy by Quantum baddies before arriving in Siena to meet M at the safe house where he removes his tie, we see that bit!

Well now, in all the mayhem of fighting to get Mr White into the boot, and before the chase through Italy, how the hell does he have time to remove his waistcoat?

NB: for my American cousins, a waistcoat is a vest!

Any ideas folkes???????

Comments

• MailfistMailfist Posts: 241MI6 Agent
    I wondered the same thing. Also a well as taking off his waistcoat he also had time to change his tie.

In fact he must have made a stop at a clothes shop because Mr. White had time to change from his blazer and flannels into a grey suit.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I disagree. Bond was definately wearing the same suit and tie, just without the waistcoat.

Mr White was in the same grey suit at the end of CR.
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    I think this comes out of one of the major issues with QOS. How long exactly after CR does this film begin? We've had no real conclusive length from anyone. Because it's just too difficult to determine. How does 'M' and the rest of MI6 arrive in Italy at the safe house in this gap? How much of a drive is it for Bond to get from the lakeside villa to Siena? What happens in between Bond shooting Mr White to him being chased by Quantum baddies with White in his boot? Ultimately its an undeterminable amount of time because no-one really knows what actually happens in the filmic gap between CR and QOS. Is this a problem - not really. Come up with your own imaginitive explanation. ;)
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,726MI6 Agent
    Long enough to find that Mathis is innocent, give him a villa and for him to find himself a girlie!
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    Long enough to find that Mathis is innocent, give him a villa and for him to find himself a girlie!

Good point!!!
  • cantchooseanamecantchooseaname LondonPosts: 6MI6 Agent
    Personally, I've always wondered how much time past between Venice and Mr White getting shot...If it was a couple of weeks or so to track him down etc, then Mathis's new life is easily explained away with that kind of timescale, as is M and M16 turning up becuase it would have been a seriously planned event...
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    Personally, I've always wondered how much time past between Venice and Mr White getting shot...If it was a couple of weeks or so to track him down etc, then Mathis's new life is easily explained away with that kind of timescale, as is M and M16 turning up becuase it would have been a seriously planned event...

I never actually though about that. The gap between CS and QOS could be very short, but the gap between Venice and the final sequence of CR could be longer. However, this still doesn't explain the waistcoat going walk-abouts.

:)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    ..and the change of watch and shoes 8-)
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    ..and the change of watch and shoes 8-)

mobile phone, layout of M's office, etc etc.

White's injury implies hours, everything else, weeks. I suppose some of it could be excused between Vesper's death and Bond tracking down White at the end of CR, but the continuity is ropey at best.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,726MI6 Agent

Yeah- I mean Bond is still recuperating when Mathis is taken away so could be there for a few more weeks, then he goes away with Vesper for a while (I can't remember how long that is but I think it's mentioned when M calls asking for the money), and then we've got some post-Venice time. So plenty of time for Mathis to get his house.

As for the waistcoat; well Bond just gets a bit hot carrying White to the car, pops him in the boot and then has a nice sit down, slipping his waistcoat off. And then presuambly he nips to the hairdressers to get rid of his CR messy style in favour of a QoS side-parting, which must be why those Alfas have had so much time to come and get him. All makes perfect sense.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Love it emitem!

I agree that the end of CR and the start of QoS is just an hours or so but the gap between Venice and the Villa could be 3-4 weeks.

All explained away nicely.

Now all we need is for Bond to wake up from his dream at the start of Bond 23 and find Vesper in the shower!!! :))