QoS & Links To The Past

Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
Having seen QoS twice now I thought I would share some thoughts I've had and get a threat started on here about obvious and not so obvious links to past Bond films:

There's a bit in the car chase where they drive under the arm of a crane - a bit like Dr No but the bad guys in the Alfa's were not on their way to a funeral like the Jamacans in the herse.

I think that Marc Forester was a fan of TSWLM as not only has Bond got a Robert Sterling ID (although this time Rob works for Universal Exports instead of being a marine biologist) and the scene where Bond and Camile treck through the desert is a bit like Bond and Anya's journey when the van breaks down in Egypt.

It's nice to see a PPK back in action after the press stills of DC with one released at the time of CR.

Also Field's death is an obvous homarge to Goldfinger. I think that Gemma Arterton's role in the film was very good - a small bit of comic relief in the early film. It's just a shame she didn't have a little more screen time so that we mourned her death more.

Can anyone think of anymore links to previous Bond films??
"NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    - The desert hotel reminds me of Ken Adam's work.

- The huge eye on the opera stage makes me think of FYEO and GE.

- The "dead end" line was used in LTK, but it was a nice twist that M emediatly understood Bond was literal.
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    - The ariel dog-fight has connotations to TLD and the plane going-down to OP.

- The scene with Mathis and his lover with FRWL and Kerim Bay and his lover.

- The (lack of) parachute jump with MR.
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • Shaken_not_StirredShaken_not_Stirred Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Also Field's death is an obvous homarge to Goldfinger.

I absolutely loved this! It is common these days to say that "Oil is the new Gold", so this homage to Goldfinger is so spot on its scary. Best scene in the film if you ask me.

~SNS
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Also Field's death is an obvous homarge to Goldfinger.

I absolutely loved this! It is common these days to say that "Oil is the new Gold", so this homage to Goldfinger is so spot on its scary. Best scene in the film if you ask me.

~SNS
    That was an odd moment for me: I was very conscious of how similar the two moments were, GF and QOS, yet at the same time it worked really well in this new film. And as this is the second film in the reboot, presumably we'll never see this Bond in GF, so nicely done!
  • ThundernutsThundernuts Harlow, Essex, England UKPosts: 57MI6 Agent
    Tenuous, but I though that the actor who played the South American CIA station chief looked a lot like DAF's Mr Kidd too...