QOS Questions

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
I've now watched QOS the second time, but am still slightly confused at a few things:

1 - Maffus' death - how did he end up beaten up in the car boot? Was it the friend he met up with at the party?

2 - Information about Quantum - in the desert, Greene says to bond 'i told you everything you need to know about quantum' - when was this? and what did he tell him?

3 - Finally, what's the deal with the final scene with vesper's boyfriend? I didn't get the bit about bond saying to the girl 'theres a leak you should check out'

Would be greatful if someone cleared up these queries
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Colonel ShatnerColonel Shatner Chavtastic Bristol, BritainPosts: 574MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    1 - Maffus' death - how did he end up beaten up in the car boot? Was it the friend he met up with at the party?

Mathis falsely assumed he had a working relationship with the Bolivian police commander (Fernando Guillén Cuervo was great in his small but notable role) but sadly the police commander and his men were already on the take from Quantum, so on the behalf of Greene they quietly dragged Mathis off (when he is going to Gentlemen's after having too much punch ;% ), beat him half to death, and then stuff him in the boot of Bond's vehicle.
    2 - Information about Quantum - in the desert, Greene says to bond 'i told you everything you need to know about quantum' - when was this? and what did he tell him?

Dominic Greene was deeper into Quantum's inner circle than Le Chiffre was, so Greene blabbed to Bond about some of Quantum's secrets (like future plans, other members, who else they 'turned', where they're based at, etc).
    3 - Finally, what's the deal with the final scene with vesper's boyfriend? I didn't get the bit about bond saying to the girl 'theres a leak you should check out'

She was intended to be the leak if Vesper's fake boyfriend had it all his way.
    'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...'
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    Basically, Greene told Bond what he needed to know about Vesper's Algerian 'boyfriend', so Bond could find him and capture him. As it turns out he's part of Quantum, lurring women into detraying their intelligence agency.

The girl was the next Vesper, this time for the Canadian secret service. So like in MI6, there was likely to be insiders in the Canadian secret service, so Bond tells the girl to check out the leaks in her organisation.
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.