Quantum I just Don't Get It...

I appreciate in the many pages I may have missed this. However, am I the only one still left wondering what it is all about? CR 'runs' into QOS. At the end of QOS though we are still left wondering where it is going. Mr White is still out there, limping badly I hope, and we are no closer to finding the ones behind this 'new' organisation.

Is the organisation we are seeing supposed to be Specter? After all these are 'prequals' although, and most anoyingly, they are set in the future (compared to the films that were supposed to 'follow' it ???!?!??!!!).

Is the next film going to 'close off' 21 and 22?

Also it was an excellent 'action' movie but I felt it was just that, not a Bond movie. More Bourne if you like. We had no gadgets at all and Bond is not Bond without some sort of gadget.

Can anyone help me with the above? Please!

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I think the producers are leaving it open ended. This could be to heighten how mysterious the organisation is, or just because they don't know what they're doing with it yet, or to keep their options opened.

Forget out it being a prequel to the other films, it's not, any more than The Dark Knight will lead into the Batman 60s TV series.

We don't know what will happen with the next film yet, whether it will be the third in a kind of trio or do another story altogether. It's tricky, esp with maybe three years until the next film, they can't just knock out one like Goldfinger in 1964, where it was an annual event.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    Well, we've now established that Quantum might be the new Spectre, and with Mr. White still on the loose, they might return. During his investigation Bond simply ran into Greene and took care of him. I do believe that -with uncovering Vesper's boyfriend as a traitor / Quantum member - the CR / QoS chapter has now been closed.
  • Sir_Miles_MesservySir_Miles_Messervy MI6 CLASSIFIEDPosts: 113MI6 Agent
    I suppose the next film will be related as FRWL was related to DN. No real connection between the two except for the fact that the baddies were members of the same evil organization.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    ... Mr White is still out there, limping badly I hope, /quote]

Ha Ha LOL
  • Bella_docBella_doc Quantum's next target (Canada)Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    ...Mr White is still out there, limping badly I hope...

Well, he seems to have recovered in time to get the last line at the opera :))

My guess is that B:23 will give us the big reveal of what Quantum is all about and have Bond single-handedly take down the organization. This will either be the end of it or the door may be left open for DC's successor to grapple with Quantum (or some new version of it), as I think may very well happen if the re-boot keeps raking in the dough.
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    They're essentially following the pattern of the early Connery Bonds, where SPECTRE, indeed, tied the films together as a mysterious organization whose efforts became more and more apparent as the series wore on . . . however, I think it would be interesting if it turns out that Quantum is a division or branch of SPECTRE. Doesn't Sony now own the rights to use SPECTRE? In terms of where all this is going, I'm just happy that there's some reason to go to a Bond movie again other than simply being a loyal fan. If it turns out that all Quantum wants to do is buy out Fox and Sky from Rupert Murdoch, I won't care so long as they are a formidable foe for this incarnation of James Bond. I just find it amazing that it took 30 years to FINALLY return Bond to his tough, resourceful guy roots.