Greene at the Movies end?

Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
I saw the movie last night. Not terrible, but certainly not my favorite either. It did leave me with a question.

M said Greene was found in the desert with a stomach full of motor oil and 2 gunshot wounds to the head. Are we to surmise from this that he and Bond had a final fight out there and Bond shot him and dumped the oil down his throat? Did the Quantum group find Greene and execute him after he drank the oil? Where did the gunshot wounds come from?

Comments

• jamesbondagent007jamesbondagent007 Divided States of TrumpPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    I think its the latter. We are to assume he eventually drank the oil out of dehydration, and that someone from Quantum caught up with Greene and executed him for his failure.
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    Michael G Wilson said that Mr. White is the man responsible for Greene's death in the desert. Quantum disposed of their failed agent.

Question: So, Bond has got a huge kill rate and he gets that speech from M. about Fields, and I was thinking afterwards that when he gives the oil can to Mathieu Almaric in the desert that he's responsible. And then when we hear that the two shots in the back of the neck with oil in the stomach, that somehow the people –

Wilson: White has caught up with him again, yeah. Finished him off. Bond says, “They’ll be looking for you.”
  • Bella_docBella_doc Quantum's next target (Canada)Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    Michael G Wilson said that Mr. White is the man responsible for Greene's death in the desert. Quantum disposed of their failed agent.

Hee, I can just imagine Greene (bleeding/severed toe) limping away, with White (bad knee) hobbling after him. How did Wilson pass up the chance to shoot this scene? :D
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    Thanks for clearing this up, I at first assumed after drinking the oil Greene committed suicide.

I like QoS but there are too many confusing parts, lets hope Bond #23 gets back to some kind of normality for the franchise.
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    I think the only confusing parts are where the facst don't quite match up between CR and QoS. Go and watch the film again and all the stuff such as Greene, Bolivia and Vesper's boyfriend will all become a lot less confusing.

:)
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    So, I guess we can surmise that if White shot and killed Greene that the Quantum group is still able to watch all of Bond's movements undetected?

He had to know somehow that Greene was out there. He had to know somehow that he spilled some facts to Bond.
  • schaduwoogschaduwoog Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Bella_doc wrote:

Hee, I can just imagine Greene (bleeding/severed toe) limping away, with White (bad knee) hobbling after him. How did Wilson pass up the chance to shoot this scene? :D

Yeah it would be cool if they showed this. I really like the mr. White character.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    edited November 2008
    schaduwoog wrote:
    Bella_doc wrote:

Yeah it would be cool if they showed this. I really like the mr. White character.

I know there is an alternate ending 'in the can,' so to speak...perhaps this is it. Hopefully, it will eventually turn up on the Super Deluxe Ultimate Money Grabber Edition of the DVD X-(
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,620Chief of Staff
    I know there is an alternate ending 'in the can,' so to speak...perhaps this is it. Hopefully, it will eventually turn up on the Super Deluxe Ultimate Money Grabber Edition of the DVD X-(

It probably will...and the 'alternate ending' does involve Mr. White...and it could have lead to the next film being another 'follow on'.
    YNWA 97
  • NightshooterNightshooter In bed with SolitairePosts: 2,917MI6 Agent
    I read that in the alternate ending,
    Mr. White gets killed, by Bond if memory serves
    , which may be cool to see on the $10,000 ultimate 6 disc Blu-Ray Quantum of Solace fan-friggin-tastic edition.
  • Smoke_13Smoke_13 Kitchener Ont CanadaPosts: 285MI6 Agent
    Is there an alternate ending in the can that redoes the entire movie at a clip speed slow enough that all audiences can watch it and actually see what is going on? :D
  • Bella_docBella_doc Quantum's next target (Canada)Posts: 51MI6 Agent
    Smoke_13 wrote:
    Is there an alternate ending in the can that redoes the entire movie at a clip speed slow enough that all audiences can watch it and actually see what is going on? :D

Er, I think it's called the slow button. But it won't make the dialogue any clearer, I'm afraid ;)
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    I think its the latter. We are to assume he eventually drank the oil out of dehydration, and that someone from Quantum caught up with Greene and executed him for his failure.

I agree that this is exactly what the story is being made to convey. However, wouldn't a person die pretty quickly after drinking motor oil? If so, the shooting should have happened shortly after Greene drank the oil.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • sped98sped98 Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Yeah its even confused the adults...my 11 year old son had no chance.....just taken him to see it and he didnt have a clue what was going on....and the plot...to bump up the water bills of a 3rd world country .....*******s.
    No baddies , no girls , no gadgets , no bond music.....total waste of time and effort.