Who's Apartment?

I've seen QOS 3 times now. It gets better each time, but the one thing I'm still confused by is this. After the rooftop chase and Bond kills Mitchell, it cuts to M standing on a balcony of an apartment building. Then we see the inside of the apratment as the MI6 people are searching it. Now, I've gone back and forth on this. Is this Mitchell's apartment and they're looking for clues, or is this M's apartment and they're seeing if she's been compromised? I think it's Mitchell's, but I'm not sure especially in the later scene where she removes her makeup. The interiors look similar.

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I'm pretty sure this is Mitchell's apartment. I love how she mentions finding some Christmas gifts she gave him, including an ashtray...to which Bond replies: "I don't think he smoked."

Very good.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • sharpshootersharpshooter Posts: 164MI6 Agent
    It is Mitchell's apartment. Period.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,313Chief of Staff
    It can't be Who's apartment; everyone knows Who lives in the Tardis.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    It can't be Who's apartment; everyone knows Who lives in the Tardis.

LOL Barbel
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Of course, if the Who lived together at all, it would've been very early on (early '60s)...and it would've been tough going, what with Keith Moon getting p****d at all hours, throwing televisions out the window, etc...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • spectre7spectre7 LondonPosts: 118MI6 Agent
    Oh, there's no way M would live in a typically crappy 1960s London tower block.
  • c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5c_a_r_t_e_r_3_5 Posts: 116MI6 Agent
    edited November 2008
    I thought it was pretty obvious that it was Mitchell's appartment; even if it did look pretty crappy from the outside.

:)
  • OsatoOsato Aberdeen, ScotlandPosts: 99MI6 Agent
    Certainly it is Mitchell's pad.

There may not be any visual clues to support that impression, but how would you go about designing the set of an MI6 agent's home? Would there be any tell-tale spy stuff, or would they go out of their way to maintain a cover, even in the decor and furnishings of their home?

I think I'm correct in saying that we only see Bond's own home in two of the films: DN and LALD.

(I did like the look of M's pad in CR.)
    Green figs, yoghurt, coffee very black.
  • Shatterhand67Shatterhand67 Safe HousePosts: 424MI6 Agent
    Yes, it was 100% Mitchell's apartment.

M's apartment was seen in CR and was quite a bit nicer than Mitchell's pad.

The previous post that we have only seen Bond's apartment in DN and LALD is correct. Perhaps we'll see a shot of his Chelsea digs in Bond 23. How about Mrs. Doubtfire as May? :))
    "I musht be dreaming."