Leiter was wrong...

youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
by nine seconds.

Just was watching QoS and Leiter was wrong about how much time Bond had.

He tells Bond in the Bolivian bar that he has 30 seconds, he actually only had 21 according to my watch. Still, good on Felix for helping him out and a pretty close guesstimate. Granted, if you count from the time that Bond sees the extra man in the bar he has thirty seconds...so, maybe Leiter was counting from there.

This could go down as one of those 'you know you're obsessed when...' moments.

Too much time on my hands, certainly. :)

But, I must say I am glad the editors didn't have it as an exact thirty seconds, otherwise that would've bugged me...idk why, but it would've I'm glad it was only 21 and very glad it wasn't like 44, that would've chapped my ass. Anyways...on to more important things.
"We have all the time in the world..."

Comments

• A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    real time and screen time isn't (always) aligned - especially when it comes to diffusing bombs with timers in movies - a 10 second countdown normally takes about 25 movie seconds. (end of Goldfinger is a good example)

If you were timing that scene , then you have got too much time on your hands
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    "Aliens" actually did use real time between when Ripley goes after Newt and the base explodes; High Noon did a pretty good job keeping the story in real time. In general, there's little effort at consistency, but it can be done.
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    A7ce wrote:
    real time and screen time isn't (always) aligned - especially when it comes to diffusing bombs with timers in movies - a 10 second countdown normally takes about 25 movie seconds. (end of Goldfinger is a good example)

If you were timing that scene , then you have got too much time on your hands

Yeah, I understand most movies aren't in real time for things like this. However, with this there is some leeway because Leiter didn't look at his watch or anything he just guessed. I was actually probably a little impressed by the fact that they got it so close and didn't go over the thirty seconds...that would've bugged.
  • A7ceA7ce Birmingham, EnglandPosts: 655MI6 Agent
    I don't even think the series 24 is real time and screen time accurate all the time- and that is supposed to be.
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    For sure, 24 was way off. I'm saying this one is pretty much on time and it is better that it didn't go over. Leiter still got Bond out of there on time, he just overestimated the time left. :)