Top Ten Fights

chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,331MI6 Agent
1. Bond vs Grant FRWL
So tense, exciting, sweaty, nasty, and all without a music track, wonderfully gripping

2. Bond vs thug GF
The best PTS moment, even Bond looks like he's enjoying himself! "Shocking!"

3. Bond vs Peter Franks DAF
A tour de force of close-in fighting, this has a sense of realism about it, they actually look like they are getting hurt

4. Bond vs Chang MR
A noisy fun filled three minutes as the two fighters destroy a Veni-glass museum, splendidly jolly stuff

5. Bond vs Carver's thugs TND
A silent battle as Bond takes on a bunch of goons in a sound proof booth

6. Bond vs Jacques Bouvard TB
Connery prowls his victim like a cat; initially suprising as Bond punches a woman, then exciting and well choreographed, another great PTS

7. Bond vs the gatecrasher OHMSS
Bond destroys a hotel room try to subdue this interloper, Lazenby is suitably physical, the editing is a foretaste of QOS

8. Bond vs Necros TLD
A real high-light of the film with this gravity defying struggle at the back of a transporter plane

9. Bond vs Piz Gloria guard OHMSS
Short and sweet, Bond dispatches a guard with a kick and a punch before his escape, much more how Fleming painted Bond's fisticuffs!

10. Bond and Holly vs Jaws MR
No apologies, its in here simply because it looks fantastic and it's so outrageous, cable cars have never been the same for me since.

Comments

• DrMaybeDrMaybe Posts: 204MI6 Agent
    The fights with Grant and Oddjob would top my list, but the fight with the sumo, at the beginning of YOLT would definitely come in 3rd. I liked the fight with Bambi and Thumper in DAF too. Sexy action.
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,331MI6 Agent
    I gave a lot of consideration to the fight in Osato's office, it's a gr8 moment in YOLT, but is spoilt by the somewhat second rate ending (Bond clips the guy on the shoulder with an ornamental statue).
    The Oddjob fight is okay, but a little silly (all those gold bars) and Bond kills him in the same manner he killed the thug in the PTS.
    Bambi and Thumper? Without being rude, do me a favour, are they not rabbits? And all Bond has to do is dunk them in water to subdue them, they can't even swim. Pathetic.
  • DrMaybeDrMaybe Posts: 204MI6 Agent
    chrisno1 wrote:
    The Oddjob fight is okay, but a little silly (all those gold bars) and Bond kills him in the same manner he killed the thug in the PTS.
    Bambi and Thumper? Without being rude, do me a favour, are they not rabbits? And all Bond has to do is dunk them in water to subdue them, they can't even swim. Pathetic.

Yea, but those hotpants went a long way towards increasing the entertainment factor. ;% Bambi was a deer BTW.

I liked the stories that came out of that Goldfinger fight- that Sakata sent Connery to the hospital with cracked ribs, and that he actually fell flat on his face in the death shot. The guy is still one of the most visually impressive of all the Bond villains.
  • RJJBRJJB United StatesPosts: 346MI6 Agent
    chrisno1 wrote:

Yeah, he killed them both the same way-- by relying on his own quick thinking and fast action. Frying Oddjob was especially satisfying, as he turned his own weapon against him. In the 40+ years that I've seen and talked about Goldfinger, it's only earlier this year that someone made the ridiculous observation that the PTS was a clue to what was going to happen later on in the movie.
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Ohhhh....Bond film fights...I thought you meant AJB ones! :))
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • bacaretbacaret ArizonaPosts: 73MI6 Agent
    My favorite has to be from daf with bond and franks in the elevator a very intense fight and ending when bond kills franks.-
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,331MI6 Agent
    Monique wrote:
    Ohhhh....Bond film fights...I thought you meant AJB ones! :))

reckon i'd need a top 100
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    My Top 007:

001. Bond vs Grant: FRWL
    002. Bond vs Peter Franks: DAF
    003. Bond vs Mollaka: CR
    004. Bond vs Alec Trevelyan: GE
    005. Bond vs Jacques Bouvard: TB
    006. Bond vs Necros: TLD
    007. Bond vs Mr Slate: QOS
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Bond vs Franks, great moment in the film, just after Connery is kissing himself!

and....

Every fight with Daniel Craig and some thug.
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."