Nightmare Land: Discussion & Comments

frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
Hello fellow Bond fans,

After a hiatus, James Bond (my version of 007, anyway) is back. This time, he will go up against an adversary who is every bit as deadly and skilled as himself.

I first had the idea of making this story a screenplay for a 007 film to be made toward the end of Craig’s tenure, which explains the fact that the enemy is the shadowy organization Quantum, and also the state of that organization when the events in this story happen. That’s also the reason why you will find elements of the cinematic Bond’s universe appearing throughout the tale.

However, after spending some time thinking about the storyline, I became a bit more ambitious, and decided to turn this project into a novella instead.

I hope you will have as much fun reading this story as I’m having writing it.

Without further ado, let’s get on with Nightmare Land, James Bond’s latest adventure. As always, all comments and inputs are more than welcome. :)

Comments

• youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent
    I enjoyed the first bit, I'm assuming the first chapter.

The only thing that was a little odd for me was the intensity of the interaction with Moneypenny...but perhaps I'm just out of practice. Can't wait to read more! Good stuff.

I liked the bit about the lack of cigarette's keeping him alert, that sounds like Bond.
    "We have all the time in the world..."
  • frostbittenfrostbitten Chateau d'EtchebarPosts: 286MI6 Agent
    Thanks, YKMN! Glad you enjoyed the opening scene.

If you like that, I think you'll like what's coming up as well. Stay tuned :)
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent
    Nice start frostbitten! You definitely have a talent for writing.
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Monique wrote:
    Nice start frostbitten! You definitely have a talent for writing.

I agree totally. I've always admired frostbitten's writing -and look forward to reading another great story. Excellent so far -looking forward to the rest. :)
    Thanks, Mo and Sc1! Your kind words mean a lot to me.

I haven't worked out all the details yet, and there are a couple of different directions that I can take with this story (I haven't made up my mind yet). One thing is certain, though. This will be my most ambitious work so far :)
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    This is excellent material,Frostbitten.I'm particularly impressed at the ease with which you've merged the James Bond of Fleming's novels with the original cinematic Bond of the early 1960s-early 90s, and the current iteration of 007.Your plotline and characters are intriguing,and this promises to be a first rate tale!

Keep up the fine work! :)
    Thank you, Willie!

I do enjoy both the literary Bond and the cinematic Bond, so one of my goals in writing "Nightmare Land" is to incorporate elements of both worlds in my tale. I'm glad to hear that readers such as yourself can see that as well.

Things have been a bit hectic the last week or so, but very soon I'll be able to resume work on the novella. James Bond will return shortly! :)
  • ZCtheAuthorZCtheAuthor Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    I truley enjoyed your first chapter I cannot wait to read more. You have a really good sense of writing that I which I had. I too have started to write a novel (Originally titled Shoot to Kill) called 60 Seconds to Death, but I'm always making corrections. I know you're busy with your novel so it would be hard for you to help me.

So I took your idea here that might allow you to help me a little better. I'm posting my first chapter as well and if you could read it and help me by commenting that would be a lot of help!