Acoustic James Bond Theme?

heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
Does anybody know of a good acoustic version of the James Bond theme? Either a cover or one thats actually in a Bond soundtrack?

Pink Floyd did the start of the Bond theme (by accident?) in Is There Anybody Out There off The Wall, thats kinda what i'm looking for but obviously the whole thing. If you havent heard the Bond theme in Is There Anybody Out There listen, its brilliant.

Cheers {[]
1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."

Comments

• The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    What do you mean by acoustic?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,378Chief of Staff
    Well, there was an album called Double O Heaven, released in 1998 on the Doppelganger label, by one Russ Pay playing an assortment of Bond themes, including the Bond Theme itself, acoustically. It was withdrawn because the cover art infringed EON copyright (pic of Connery in DN), but should be available with a bit of hunting.
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Thanks Barbel, The Cat: Acoustic is just solo guitar, unplugged.
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,378Chief of Staff
    Er, I know that- it's what I do for a living! The album does have some synth on it, but the guitar is upfront.
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Er, I know that- it's what I do for a living! The album does have some synth on it, but the guitar is upfront.

I know that! See how it was directed at the cat, he said he didnt know what it was. {[]

"Better make that two."
  • The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    Having an acustic guitar in it or having only an acoustic guitar is a big difference. The two I can recommend:

Russ Pay as mentioned by Chas is a good start, but he likes to take things slower than usual. His album is kinda mellow and it goes over to his version of the James Bond Theme as well. I don't notice any additional instruments in his song, but he is kinda slow or my taste.

The other I can recommend is quite rare. Paul Rock (Is he real? I don't know) covered all 21 James Bond songs on the album creatively titled Bond Themes. It was a download only release on the American iTunes and I'm not sure it's there anymore (since I never use iTunes). His James Bond Bond is also acoustic only and a lot more lively than Russ Pay's version. Again, the only problem is its obscurity, so make sure to contact a profesional collector (hint hint) to locate it.

See http://thecat.uw.hu/Strangling.html to sample these and a couple of hundred of other James Bond theme covers.