Use of Original Recording of the James Bond Theme

Mister BiswasMister Biswas TokyoPosts: 78MI6 Agent
Hello.
Questions for the music experts. The original recording by John Barry of the James Bond theme was used of course for Dr. No.

Am I then correct in my recollection that THAT recording was never used again in any film score except in YOLT and OHMSS? (Little Nellie sequence, and the Storming of Piz Gloria sequence).

Am I also correct in thinking that THAT recording was used in one version of Thunderball that had the music overlay the ending credits? (And that the alternate version uses instead the slow reprise of the Thunderball theme as found at the end of the Thunderball suite).

Comments

• The CatThe Cat Where Blofeld is!Posts: 711MI6 Agent
    The recording was also used in FRWL when Bond arrives to his Istanbul hotel room.

The TB end credits with the JB theme is the more frequent one and was present on most home video and DVD releases. I myself only heard the TB instrumental in one television showing and of course they cut the end credits here as well, so it didn't get past the first few bars.

While the recording was not used in movie any time else, it was featured in trailers up to 1989!
  • Mister BiswasMister Biswas TokyoPosts: 78MI6 Agent
    edited December 2008
    Yes! Its use in FRWL had slipped my mind! Thank you.

And I did not know that the James Bond Theme version of the end of Thunderball was the more commonly seen version.

Many thanks {[]