fan fiction book cover art.

scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
edited January 2009 in James Bond Literature
Here at ajb -we are lucky to have some members who have excellent talent when it comes to creating bookcovers for the fan fiction here at ajb.
members such as darenhat and Golrush007 to name just two. I myself have started to play around a little to create covers -now my abilities are somewhat limited -I do not own photoshop or any great editing suites -but with what meagre resources I do have I have managed to create a couple of covers, and today I have created one with a "pulp" feel to it and I thought I'd share it. Also if there are members out there that have fan fiction covers they want to share -they are welcome to show the them here.

Whether the cover I am going to share will have an accompanying tale one day I do not yet know. But creating it has inspired me to come up with a short story -so you never know.
anyway here is my latest offering -feel free to comment.

thelastcardwinsfinal.jpg

Comments

• scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Here is another illustration I've done which I'm thinking of using for the second part of The Assassin's Memorandum

whenthesunfsetsfinal.jpg
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    Very nice, I especially like the first one. I hope you do decide to write a story to go with it.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    These look really sharp, SC1! Great job! I love the pulp art style...and I like the idea of covers for each section of your upcoming fan fic!
    darenhat wrote:
    These look really sharp, SC1! Great job! I love the pulp art style...and I like the idea of covers for each section of your upcoming fan fic!
    Thankyou daren -as you know I'm a novice when it comes to creating these covers -so praise from you is greatly appreciated.
    As for a story to go with THE LAST CARD WINS -that will have to wait until my current project is finished. :)
    Here is my stab at a pan books style cover. I'm quite pleased with it. what do you guys think?

PANCOVER.jpg
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    Good work, Jason - it would be great though if you could find an image which fills the entire cover, rather than having to cut a bit out and paste it on a blank background.
    Golrush007 wrote:
    Good work, Jason - it would be great though if you could find an image which fills the entire cover, rather than having to cut a bit out and paste it on a blank background.

I agree although as I'm finding images that I can sort of use to create covers obviously I'm not an expert at this sort of thing and I am only experimenting. My inspiration is the pan covers as created by Peff. This is my first attempt at such a cover, and I do hope to create a better one soon.
    Can you recomend a suitable program I can download that will help me produce more polished covers?

Oh and for those who like PEFF I've just found this little interview.

http://tikit.net/Chibnall%20PPC8.htm
    Ok here is another Pan mock -up I've done. Obviously the original artwork isn't mine -but the image really does lend itself to a Bond tale pulp cover.

pan3.jpg
  • Mark HazardMark Hazard West Midlands, UKPosts: 495MI6 Agent
    Here is another illustration I've done which I'm thinking of using for the second part of The Assassin's Memorandum

whenthesunfsetsfinal.jpg

PLEASE get rid of that sight on top of the pistol.

whenthesunfsetsfinal.jpg

PLEASE get rid of that sight on top of the pistol.

Not that simple I'm afraid - I'm sorry it upsets you. My abilities at editing the picture are not that great -so I mat not succeed.
  • Scribe74Scribe74 San FranciscoPosts: 149MI6 Agent
    The covers look fantastic! Great job!

Cheers!