rog could have been amazing

superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
just watched ww11 film sea wolves i cant help thinking how fantastic rm bond could have been if he had played it like he plays real life ww11 british agent gavin stewart sauve yet totally ruthless and dedicated to getting the job done.

Comments

• wordswords Buckinghamshire, EnglandPosts: 249MI6 Agent
    See also his performance in 'The Wild Geese'. Sooooo cool!
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    i have and yes he is but in sea wolves he really is lie the literary bond an agent during ww11 and so ruthless love the scene where mrs cromwell the german spy trys to stab him and he turns the knife on her and earlier when he calls for her and 2 assasins are waiting in her place he kills them both then attends the ball where mrs cromwell is and pretends he went to the wrong house reminds me of the scene in dr no when bond shows up at the chinese girls house after running the assasins off the road and when the girl is surprised that he s not dead bond lies about his car not working and he had to get a taxi .after seeing old rog in sea wolves he could have easily pulled of the early films
  • zig zagzig zag EnglandPosts: 244MI6 Agent
    Acording to imdb sea woves was billed as the new bond film!!
    So you may be on to sumthin there.
    "Yes,dammit,I said "was".The bitch is dead now."

"It's not difficult to get a double 0 number if your prepared to kill people"
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    edited January 2009
    words wrote:
    See also his performance in 'The Wild Geese'. Sooooo cool!

Hell, yes! B-) I've always felt that was proof-positive that he could have done Bond the way I wanted to see it...he simply chose not to :(
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    Yes, I too could never understand how Moore could present himself so well in other films and then just "yuck yuck" himself through a Bond.

It must have been a deliberate choice, and one that both the producers and directors approved of. A very sad state of affairs that nearly drove me away from the Bond films.