Bond-connected schools

DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
What schools/colleges/universities have some sort of Bond-related connection, if there are any?

I thought I'd ask - I might not be the only one who would be interested in this sort of thing. It could be useful for someone scribbling their next/first fan fiction.

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Fleming's Bond attended Eton (which Charlie Higson is basing his "Young Bond" adventures around); and the film YOLT has that line about Bond taking a first in Oriental languages at Cambridge. He also becomes a "cunning linguist" (oh that dreadful pun) at Oxford in TND. Hope those help.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Although Bond started at Eton, he finished at Fettes in Scotland.
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Although Bond started at Eton, he finished at Fettes in Scotland.
    To be more precise on it's location, Fettes College is in Inverleith, Edinburgh.
    unitedkingdom.png
    edited January 2009
    The cinematic re-boot of Bond in CR has him attending the London School of Economics. This is based on EON's web based pedigree for Bond found on the CR and QOS movie sites.

DG

http://www.007.com/dossier/index_en.html?width=760,height=530
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • DAWUSSDAWUSS My homepagePosts: 517MI6 Agent
    edited January 2009
    The cinematic re-boot of Bond in CR has him attending the London School of Economics. This is based on EON's web based pedigree for Bond found on the CR and QOS movie sites.

DG

From the way they have that thing structured, it looks more like Bond's father attended there. Still, it qualifies for a "Bond-connected school" - at least in what I was looking for.

Thanks for the info, BTW.
    edited January 2009
    DAWUSS wrote:

DG

From the way they have that thing structured, it looks more like Bond's father attended there. Still, it qualifies for a "Bond-connected school" - at least in what I was looking for.

Thanks for the info, BTW.

But that would make Bond's father 40 years old. I don't think so. Also, according to the Pearson Biography, Bond was born in Germany. It was not Berlin, but I'm not EON.

DG

Edit: On second look, I think you are right. I think the London School of Economics is where Bond's father attended. It's kind of strange how they grouped it together. Good call.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    University of Geneva.

DG
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg