BFI Screenings April 2009

chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,281MI6 Agent
This April the BFI Southbank is showing a series of films as a tribute to Cubby Broccoli, who would have been 100 this year. Naturally they include the Bond films. These are all new digital presentations.

Weds 8th April DR NO (including an introduction by Michael G Wilson)
also showing on 14th/ 15th/ 16th/19th

GOLDFINGER 18th/ 25th/ 29th

THUNDERBALL 19th/ 21st/ 29th

YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE 22nd/ 25th/ 28th

ON HER MAJESTYS... 26th - 2 shows/ 29th

FROM RUSSIA... 24th/ 25th/ 26th/ 27th/ 28th/ 29th/ 30th - 2 or 3 shows each day
(They like this one!!)

If you are a member you can get tickets in advance from 9th March (max £7.60), if not telephone the box office 0207928323 from 16th March (max £9.00)plus booking fees. also try www.bfi.org.uk

There are more films scheduled for May.

Also the movies are going to be shown at the IMAX cinema, but I don't have details of this yet as the schedule only runs to April 2nd.

I haven't planned to see these movies yet myself (I need to co-ordinate with work) and will probably try the IMAX presentations as I've seen them all at the BFI before. If you live in or close to London it's a great opportunity to see the Bond films in restored prints on the big screen. A chance not to be passed by.

Comments

• Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Hopefully I'll get to catch a couple of these as an early XMAS present :007)
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    edited February 2009
    Whoops!

Wrong topic ;%
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    chrisno1 wrote:
    Also the movies are going to be shown at the IMAX cinema, but I don't have details of this yet as the schedule only runs to April 2nd.

I haven't planned to see these movies yet myself (I need to co-ordinate with work) and will probably try the IMAX presentations as I've seen them all at the BFI before.

This is the key part, which I missed first time viewing. The BFI screens are a bit piddly, they don't feel like cinema to me, but on Imax, that's another matter...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    edited March 2009
    Okay, here are the IMAX showings in May:

BFI Imax Bond

Not Imax presentations mind, but I imagine the screens might be bigger. Not sure to be honest. Moonraker might be a good one to check out again... but that may only be on at Southbank.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,281MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately I missed all the IMAX screenings (i'm job hunting at the moment, 007 isn't quite top of my agenda, sorry) but I did see 3 of Sir Rog's films, including the talkback session with Richard Kiel (more later)
    Very disappointed that BFI hadn't digitalised MR and FYEO, both very scratchy prints. MR esp.poor and faded, looking almost sepia when he's in Drax's chateau and in Venice.
    FYEO phenomenally loud, I was quite suprised by that.
    TSWLM very good presentation. I'd never seen it in the cinema before and that pre-credit ski-stunt is just amazing on the big screen.

There was also a little exhibition on Cubby Broccoli, not over interesting, but there a few bits of 007 memorabilia (Jaws teeth, etc) Worth a look if your on the south bank