Bond on Blu-ray

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
I'm about as thick as a whale omlette when it comes to blu-ray, and was wondering if anyone could tell me if it was really worth while investing in it.
My main thoughts are .........
the older Bonds where shot on older film stock, Unlike say The Dark Knight shot using modern film even imax cameras etc, so would you really see a huge diffrence in the quality of these older movies as opposed to a brend new movie using current film stock or shot on digital.
And for background detail etc, you must be dependant on what ever f- stop the cameraman used.
I know blu-ray can hold a host of extras and of course i can see for the new movies it's great, but how is it for the older ones.
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,287MI6 Agent
    edited February 2009
    The value of BluRay really depends on how much of a videophile you are. As to how older films look, as long as the movie was shot on good film stock to begin with and is properly remastered, BluRay can even make older films pop.

In the case of Bond, yes, even the older films benefit greatly from the enhanced resolution of BluRay. Lowery's digital restoration brings out all sorts of details in the old films (especially FRWL) and the added color depth and clarity make for a clearly superior visual presentation over past releases.

Of course, it goes without saying that you need a good hi-def TV and a good BluRay player to be able to see this jump in clarity.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    Yeah I don't know much about it; but makes sense if you're in the market for a BIG ie 42in plus Plasma telly then Blu-Ray may be the format to go for, as you need to upgrade the visuals too. DVDs don't always look great on such a telly. No point if you only have a smaller telly. Then again, if Blu Ray is the future, then why not? If you are getting a new DVD player, get a Blu Ray player that's backwards compatible. Unless there are disadvantages to the format we don't yet know about.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the advice guys, at the moment i do have a hi-def lcd tv,but it's not great quality. when i change i'll invest in a blu-ray player, there'll obviously be a larger selection of titles by then. so i have something to look forward to.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."