OHMSS 40th Celebrations?

Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
Hi Everyone,
I have been working nose-to-the-grindstone to have my Aston Martin DBS ready for the OHMSS celebrations this Summer...Only problem is that I still haven't heard of anything going on.
Can anyone shed some light on the subject?
Twice as lovely in the firelight....

Comments

• Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    I wonder if Bondstars are planning anything this year around OHMSS?
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    No plans..sorry

Andy
    www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
    www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
    www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    Hopefully there's something in the pipeline for this year though Andy?
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    I was thinking of organising a celabration at the OO7 bar at the Bo'ness motor museum have Bond props and items on display for invited Bond fans and guest only of course.. if anyone is interested.. and could actually make it to the event .. please leave your interest here!

thanks
  • bondaholic007bondaholic007 LondonPosts: 878MI6 Agent
    If I was closer, I would love to :v

Look like an amazing place and to met some fellow Bond fans as well -{ Not many where I live.

PS: We have the same post count (777)
    well ur one more than me ... ooops were equal again ... :))
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Don't you just love it when that happens...

I'd be keen to help/attend something to honour this event...

This is too good a film to let it just pass in the night....

problem for Bondstars is they may feel they have already honored it in 2005, albeit titled "an evening with George"

http://www.bondstars.com/celebration/index.htm

While I love the idea of the Bo'Ness and plan to make the trek myself in the summer anyway, I had an alternative, more 'central' (only kidding) venue...

there are a number of hotels in London who have their own cinema...i had my 45th at the Chorlotte st...we played Goldfinger for 45 of my friends.

they are part of a stable of these "screening" hotels..

http://www.firmdale.com/index.php?page_id=24

they also have a room for drinks/meal, where we could set up displays of props etc (to keep SMGG from eating the table cloth.. :) ) and we could even book Diana Rigg lookielikies...mmmm...

while they have rooms for the outoftownies, we could probably get that cost down with an intelligently corporate-booking in a cheaper hotel, amidst the economic carnage that London is soon to become...

anyway, just preliminary thoughts...

any interest?...
    just got this from Mantis...

gotta be shown on the big screen (unless MHarkin sues!...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sn9WMRI0c4

man, it's awesome....
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Let me know when there is an OHMSS fan night...I will be there no matter what the location...do we dare have it at P>Gloria?
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Would love to come to the UK again and join this evening!
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
    edited February 2009
    The Mantis wrote:
    Let me know when there is an OHMSS fan night...I will be there no matter what the location...do we dare have it at P>Gloria?

great idea....would be the perfect (only?) place...

every place has +ve and -ves, these are a few for London, and for Piz-Giz...

LONDON:

+ves:

1) THE POUND - has to be the cheapest place on earth other than Zimbabwe...
    2) Screening Hotels
    3) Alternative hostelries to lay ur head
    4) Other Bond-sites to visit for those making a big excursion from abroad
    5) pretty good travel links, and loads of cheap flights into London...plus Terminal 5 :)

-ves

1) Not Piz Gloria
    2) Still not Piz Gloria...

PIZ GLORIA

+ves

1) It IS PIZ GLORIA
    2) If well organized, this could be THE get together...
    3) The local surounding area is designed for tourists and travelers, so OFF-season it could be easy to find cheap and pleasant place to lay ur head..
    4) Then again, it does have the coital barn close by :o

-ves

1) THE EURO - at least for the Brits...maybe our yankee cousins are happier now it's 1.30ish...
    2) It'll need someone in EU to organize..it can be difficult for US/UK types :)
    3) PzG doesn't have anywhere to sleep, so it's either an afternoon affair, or an early finish and cable cars in the dark... :)
    4) PzG doesn't have anywhere obvious to show the film (that I can recall - anyone know for certain?). One thought might be a big open-air showing on the heli-pad...I wonder if they've done this before?..
    5) There isn't much else REALLY close by to visit, but when I went (2006) i went via Lauterbrunnen to see the church and phonebox-site..
    http://www.schilthorn.ch/en/offers/schilthorn-piz-gloria/

All in all, there is a real opportunity here...

But with the economic outlook so uncertain, I wonder how many could really commit to a big shindig...

Eitherway, this is bread and butter for guys like Martijn Mulder (of On the Tracks of 007...THE location guide) and Remmert ...

What do you say guys?..
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    No firm plans as yet
    I guess you need to watch this space
    Andy
    www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
    www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
    www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website
  • Head of SectionHead of Section Northern NJPosts: 204MI6 Agent
    I'm all for having at Piz Gloria... Especially in May when I will be in Switzerland anyway! ;)
    "Resurrection."
    I am in...!
    edited March 2009
    I have spoken to Mr. Colin Anderson at the Bo'ness motor museum and he said you are all very welcome to come to an OHMSS - all night event props and memorabilia on display .. privite party .. in the 007 bar.. etc etc ...

Myself and Colin would also be very happy to attend a celebration in London .. if someone is arranging something down there... ? if that is more convenient .. for everyone to get to ..

I would love to meet a lot of you there in London .. would be a great time..

I agree .. that this Film celebration is deffo something which we cannot let slip through our hands would be a great shame to possibly the Best Bond film of them all OHMSS...

ke02eww - as I said before .. please keep me informed of when you are coming up to the Bo'ness Motor museum .. and I will meet you there for a vesper in the Bar ... and make a day of it...

ALSO EVERYONE lets not FORGET...... Mr. Peter Nelson .. is about to open up his New JAMES BOND museum .. in Keswick.. .. that would be a decent place for some of us to meet .. its looking very good so far.. from what I know.. dont think it will have a screening room tho..

But anyone organising any OHMSS celebrations in London etc etc .. please keep me posted.. I would love to meet up with you all attending..

please contact me at slicksickmick@msn.com if anything is finalised .. and arrangments have to be made.. and also if anyone is needing any help with the organisation etc etc .. again please feel free to ask me..

is it a dinner suit .. event.. ? :)) nothing smarter !
    thx SMGG...haven't forgotten about our rendesvous...

the nelson idea is a good one...

I might give him a call...
    well i hope Mr Nelson is planning a grand opening night at his new museum in true Bond style .. some Bond stars there etc etc .. It would be a fantastic opening night for a lot of us to meet up there and tour the new museum .. see the props cars, gadgets etc .. have a good night all round... I would have to bring My Golden gun .. and get a photo with Peter at the front of the museum ..

If all goes to plan I will be creating a section on my website with a full write up, report and review of the new Peter Nelson .. Bond museum much like I did for my trip to Pinewood.. and other events etc etc

cheers. as I say keep me posted my good man..
  • Gebruder GumboldGebruder Gumbold San FranciscoPosts: 541MI6 Agent
    Good News!
    In the Summer of 2010, the Aston Martin Owners Club, or AMOC will be launching, in conjunction with various James Bond Clubs, a very special "Bond Tour," in which Aston Martin, Ford Mustang 1964, and 1965, and Mercury Cougar 1968-69, will be coming over to England, and then to Europe, for a special Bond Summer!

Plans are under way to include:
    1. Visit to the Aston Martin Factory in Newport Pagnell and Gaydon
    2. Visit to the Bealieu Auto Museum
    3. London Bond Sites: James Locke Hatters, Big Ben Lazenby Site, College of Arms, Imperial War Museum, etc.
    4. Visit to Stoke Poges and Widsor Castle
    5.Pinewood Studios
    6. Ferry cars to Europe to Switzerland. Furka Pass, and Bond travelled roads, culminating in a huge gathering at Piz Gloria!

Let's all pull together, and get some ideas going. I already have lined up a major sponsor to ship 6 cars from the USA,including an OHMSS DBS!! Will be working with the AMOC folks in the UK and Europe, but we need more ideas, and specifics on what sites to include.

May be nice to fly to the Bo'Ness Museum in Scotland!

Please write to me on vivlempereur@hotmail.com
    Hope to see and work with all of you!
    Tom
    Tom, is this the event you emailed me about? Sounds wonderful!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    all i need now is a winning lottery ticket and a trip to my local aston dealership. :p
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org