Quantum desert

All of you know that it has become somewhat of a Bond film tradition to end the movie with 007 and his Bond girl on, in or around a large body of water.

QOS ended in Russia but the the scene with the hotel blowing up was essentially the climactic end of the movie.

Here's where I am going with this. The camel is often known as the "ship of the desert" and the as such the desert itself is commonly referred to metaphorically as a "sea".

Do you think the writers purposely used this metaphoric sea as a way to continue the aforementioned tradition OR do you think it is merely a coincidence?
"I musht be dreaming."

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    He's certainly in something of a desert regards his sex life in this film...
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Don't think the writers' are that deep, and there are several large bodies of water under the desert as Greene has been keeping the water stored there,so using your theory it is a kind of traditional ending.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Director M Forster said he changed the climax from the Swiss Alps to the desert, to represent Bond at his most stripped down, against the elements.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Here's where I am going with this. The camel is often known as the "ship of the desert" and the as such the desert itself is commonly referred to metaphorically as a "sea".

Do you think the writers purposely used this metaphoric sea as a way to continue the aforementioned tradition OR do you think it is merely a coincidence?

No
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    All of you know that it has become somewhat of a Bond film tradition to end the movie with 007 and his Bond girl on, in or around a large body of water.

QOS ended in Russia but the the scene with the hotel blowing up was essentially the climactic end of the movie.

I don't think the writer's were that clever. I like your analogy though.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • taitytaity Posts: 702MI6 Agent
    Shatterhand67, I think that your adding a whole new layer that wasn't there in the movie.

Not all Bond movies have ended with references to water at all. Live and Let Die was on a train, Moonraker was in space, Living Daylights was at an Opera House, GoldenEye was on a helicopter. and other ones have only had a fleeting reference to water. OHMSS and Die Another Day were merely on a coastline. A view to a kill was in a shower.

i think there have been enough movies ending with little or no water element that they didnt feel obliged to put a dry ocean at the end of it.