My attempt at a Quantum Gunbarrel

I've always wondered whether the producers made the right decision in moving the Gunbarrel to the end of the film. Sure, it 'signifies' Bond's departure from the Vesper storyline, but would the opening, and thus perhaps the entire film, have felt more Bondian with the sequence in its rightful place?

Ah well, I decided to have a stab at it :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoUuelpN7m0

Comments

• Sweepy the CatSweepy the Cat Halifax, West Yorkshire, EnglaPosts: 986MI6 Agent
    Unique... but I like it B-)
    207qoznfl4.gif
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    I hate to say this, Expectant One, but you'll probably be hearing from EON's lawyers very soon: they have a tendency to shut down stuff like this. Good luck!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    edited April 2009
    I like it, IEU2D! That's the way my brother and I have been saying it ought to have begun...only minus the title at that particular point, and the gunbarrel circle actually 'opening up' on the panoramic Lake Garda flyover.

The gunbarrel at the end was okay, but it didn't gain enough to compensate for what the film lost by not opening with it.

Hopefully in 23...! :)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    How it should of been done {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    edited April 2009
    I only saw QOS once, but now I have been reminded of one of the things that I disliked about it...the fast walking pace of the gunbarrel made it look like Bond showed up late to the set and was rushing to catch up.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    You're wrong darenhat... not just showing up late, but being called in on your day off when you'd been promised time in lieu of payment, and threatened with the sack if you don't... :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    edited April 2009
    I thought he had bladder trouble.

Mr Craig doesn't normally walk like that, even when Bond IS in a hurry!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
    darenhat wrote:
    I only saw QOS once, but now I have been reminded of one of the things that I disliked about it...the fast walking pace of the gunbarrel made it look like Bond showed up late to the set and was rushing to catch up.

There was always something about that gunbarrel which didn't sit right with me and I guess that was it. And I didn't like the way that they animated the blood, especially after the really good job that was done in CR.

The whole thing seemed like a rush job tagged on to nod to the tradition and placate the fans.
  • ak007ak007 LondonPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Its great, love it! I was going to try something like this but got a bit lost in the whole converting of files so that it is editable.
    Anyway is it possible for you to upload this again to YouTube again using YouTube’s HD video. Or if possible could you email me the file that you have uploaded.
    I also love your Quantum of Solace Trailer Parody / Spoof, fantastic.
    AllBonds-1.png
  • JimmyBond0129JimmyBond0129 United States Posts: 263MI6 Agent
    edited April 2009
    I like your fan-made Gunbarrel sequence but seeing the Gunbarrel at the end of the movie never bothered me.
    "I admire your courage, Miss?..." "Trench, Sylvia Trench."

"I admire your luck, Mister?..." "Bond, James Bond."