Small Upgrade Tonight

There will be a small amount of downtime tonight while the database is upgraded (this is just to stop people posting and making changes while it works). I don't envisage this taking any more than half an hour. I will start it as soon as I get home, about 7pm.

Nothing substantial will change although I do hope it will fix a layout bug some have been experiencing.
Simon

Comments

• Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,473MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the warning.

Is it anticipated that the upgrade will return to normal later this evening/small hours of tomorrow morning?

-{
  • SiCoSiCo EnglandPosts: 1,371M
    All done all fairly harmless I hope!
    Simon
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    SiCo wrote:
    All done all fairly harmless I hope!

Not really, Si.

The 'layout bug' is very noticable now - it seems as if the whole site has 'dropped' a line, as in there are huge gaps at the top of peoples posts.
    YNWA 97
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    For those people using Internet Explorer 8 I would check your Compatibility View settings on the Tools menu, when CV was switched on the site was pretty messy..turn them off and voila it seems fine.
    www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
    www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
    www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    For those people using Internet Explorer 8 I would check your Compatibility View settings on the Tools menu, when CV was switched on the site was pretty messy..turn them off and voila it seems fine.

Which sounds great - only I can't find Compatability View settings when I open tools :#

And the site does look an awful mess !
    YNWA 97
  • 00-Agent00-Agent CaliforniaPosts: 453MI6 Agent
    I use Internet Explorer 7 and the layout is messed up. I was going to try bondstarscom recommendation to check the Compatibility View setting and I can't find it either.
    I also have the safari browser on my computer and the layout looks fine when using that browser.
    "A blunt instrument wielded by a Government department. Hard, ruthless, sardonic, fatalistic. He likes gambling, golf, fast motor cars. All his movements are relaxed and economical". Ian Fleming
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    00-Agent wrote:
    I use Internet Explorer 7 and the layout is messed up. I was going to try bondstarscom recommendation to check the Compatibility View setting and I can't find it either.
    I also have the safari browser on my computer and the layout looks fine when using that browser.

Well you won't find them in Internet Explorer 7..thats why I said users of IE8 :)
    www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
    www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
    www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website
  • agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    I use IE8 and the site looks fine
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex