James Bond Dossier

jrayman1010jrayman1010 New YorkPosts: 7MI6 Agent
I am not sure whether or not a topic of this sort has been posted yet, but I was wondering if anyone has read Kingsley Amis' "The James Bond Dossier?" It looks very, very interesting, so I was looking for some input. Thanks!

Comments

• Donald GrantDonald Grant U.S.A.Posts: 2,241Quartermasters
    Yes, I read it a long, long time ago when I was just a wee lad. It's very good and Kingsley Amos wrote the first Bond continuation novel after Fleming died. He wrote Colonel Sun using the pseudonym Robert Markham.

DG
    So, what sharp little eyes you've got...wait till you get to my teeth.
    image_zps6a725e59.jpg
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." Richard Grenier after George Orwell, Washington Times 1993.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I have read the James Bond dossier years ago. It must be somewhere on one of my bookshelves. I remember it was a nice read; Amis’ writing is very to the point. The book is mostly about the James Bond books and the influence of them on modern society. If you can find it somewhere, it is a safe buy. :007)
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • jrayman1010jrayman1010 New YorkPosts: 7MI6 Agent
    Alrighty then, I'll go for it. Thanks!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    One of my favourite books about the Fleming novels---Amis is insightful and often very funny in his analysis. You'll enjoy it -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,669Chief of Staff
    I don't think you will be disappointed once you start to read it - as Loeffelholz states, it is insightful.
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,306MI6 Agent
    The hardback version - find it on eBay- has a wonderful cover, with the circular pics with shots of Fleming's novels in.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017