DN/FRWL at the Astor

Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
Tonight at the Astor in Melbourne, two of the greatest ever Bond films will be screened. DN will be shown at 7:30 and FRWL will follow at 9:50. I don't know if I will be going, but for those who are in Australia and decide to go, I hope you have an awesome time. :D :007)
"He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman

Comments

• JimmyBond0129JimmyBond0129 United States Posts: 263MI6 Agent
    edited June 2009
    Dan Same wrote:
    Tonight at the Astor in Melbourne, two of the greatest ever Bond films will be screened. DN will be shown at 7:30 and FRWL will follow at 9:50. I don't know if I will be going, but for those who are in Australia and decide to go, I hope you have an awesome time. :D :007)

At times like this I wished I lived in Australia, in America they don't show old movies in theaters anymore they say that's what Blu-Ray and DVDs are for. But in my humble opinion there is nothing like watching a film at the movie theater.
    "I admire your courage, Miss?..." "Trench, Sylvia Trench."

"I admire your luck, Mister?..." "Bond, James Bond."
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    At times like this I wished I lived in Australia, in America they don't show old movies in theaters anymore they say that's Blu-Ray and DVDs are for. But in my humble opinion there is nothing like watching a film at the movie theater.
    There really isn't. :D I love the Astor as they often screen older films, like the 60's and 70's Bonds.
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
  • JimmyBond0129JimmyBond0129 United States Posts: 263MI6 Agent
    Dan Same wrote:
    At times like this I wished I lived in Australia, in America they don't show old movies in theaters anymore they say that's Blu-Ray and DVDs are for. But in my humble opinion there is nothing like watching a film at the movie theater.
    There really isn't. :D I love the Astor as they often screen older films, like the 60's and 70's Bonds.

No 80's and 90's Bonds?
    "I admire your courage, Miss?..." "Trench, Sylvia Trench."

"I admire your luck, Mister?..." "Bond, James Bond."
  • Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    Sometimes. They show Bonds from all eras; from DN to QOS (although some very rarely, if never at all.) When they do show the current Bonds, however, they show them well after they were shown in commercial cinemas.