James Bond and Walther firearms

Comments

• 00130013 Scotland ukPosts: 46MI6 Agent

So many guns, so many chances for mistakes...

Covert - Baby Glock. High capacity (10 rds) Medium power (9mm).

Everything else - .45 Glock or H&K USP High capacity/Heavy calibre - also good ballistic trajectory and velocity for use with a sound moderator.

Car - M4 carbine. Retractable stock/short barrel - 30 rds of .223/5.56mm. Option of M203 granade launcher underslung

WHOA! Talk about Firepower
    The Names Castle, Frank Castle, License to Punish!

When you need it for real, you always wish you had more...

It's a good list.

Only changes I'd add a 1911. I'd like a .45 . Or maybe the HK MK.23, the SOCOM pistiol instead of the USP. Its a bit heavier, but I wouldn't argue with one.
    Thats just about as far as I'd go for pistols without going into the Overkill Exotics level, you know The Desert Eagle, the Grizzley Win Mag, the AutoMag or the Wildey. That's my idea of big bang autos.
    And if we're using the M4, I could see a underslung Shotgun actually being more use up close than a M203. One of those Witness protection Remington 870's. But if it's in the car, then you could have both.
    Oh, the M4 would have to have the full SOPMOD kit.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOPMOD

Like i say, thats my personal tastes. noting to do with what Bond should carry.

• 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    I am actually quite happy that DC returned to the PPK in QOS, and that in large measure he depended on "pick-ups" during his "mission."

The PPK is as much gun as the modern "Secret Agent" requires. It is accurate, reliable and close up lethal. Bond really is supposed to be "discreet" most of the time - and as a gentleman agent, really shouldn't be walking around armed like Seal Team 6.

Year 2010 really presents major problems for anyone travelling around with a firearm of any kind, so it's just not as beliveable these days to have Bond travelling the world with his piece in a shoulder holster - like it was when "Big Tam" had the gig.

Bond should rely on his tenacity and strength of charecter to get through a mission, the hardware should always be secondary to his success. It's nice to know Bond uses Pinaud Elixer to wash his hair, but not real relevant to the story.
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    0013 wrote:

So many guns, so many chances for mistakes...

Covert - Baby Glock. High capacity (10 rds) Medium power (9mm).

Everything else - .45 Glock or H&K USP High capacity/Heavy calibre - also good ballistic trajectory and velocity for use with a sound moderator.

Car - M4 carbine. Retractable stock/short barrel - 30 rds of .223/5.56mm. Option of M203 granade launcher underslung

WHOA! Talk about Firepower
    The Names Castle, Frank Castle, License to Punish!

When you need it for real, you always wish you had more...

It's a good list.

Only changes I'd add a 1911. I'd like a .45 . Or maybe the HK MK.23, the SOCOM pistiol instead of the USP. Its a bit heavier, but I wouldn't argue with one.
    Thats just about as far as I'd go for pistols without going into the Overkill Exotics level, you know The Desert Eagle, the Grizzley Win Mag, the AutoMag or the Wildey. That's my idea of big bang autos.
    And if we're using the M4, I could see a underslung Shotgun actually being more use up close than a M203. One of those Witness protection Remington 870's. But if it's in the car, then you could have both.
    Oh, the M4 would have to have the full SOPMOD kit.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SOPMOD

Like i say, thats my personal tastes. noting to do with what Bond should carry.

The 1911 .45 either Colt or the various copies makes for a brilliant weapon, and good for conceal carry given its thin profile. The .45 auto round is so heavy hitting that it negates its 7 + 1 capacity, although confidence is usually increased with magazine capacity. Single action also makes for a safe weapon, and is no slower to draw and make ready than dropping a safety catch.

I've used both a .44 & .50 ae Dessert Eagle, but not the others you mentioned, but the DE is a great gun club toy, and I'd even choose a snub nosed .38 over it at close quarters. it really is just too big and unweildy.

Having seen a vehicle stopped at a checkpoint in Iraq with a 203, I'd keep it on my own personal list.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited October 2009
    The main factor in concealed carry weapons is the butt size, this is the hardest part of a pistol to conceal. I'd say the 1911 without any cutdowns is too large in this area for truly effective deep concealment. Obviously there are cut down alternatives out there. This is an excellent example...

627734344715.jpeg
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Thats that Kimber with the Guttersnipe sight, isn't it?

Heh, Imagine doing ASP style work on that,
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I love the idea of Cinematic Bond having a 'car' gun---such as the famous 'long-barrelled Colt', or even an assault rifle or tactical shotgun B-)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    0013 wrote:
    Thats that Kimber with the Guttersnipe sight, isn't it?

Heh, Imagine doing ASP style work on that,

It not got a Guttersnipe, but a channel. See through grip panels would be cool. not sure what work the internals would need.
    The Streyer Voigt Infinity Tiki is the closest pistol that deserves Bond status. Marvelous, expensive, niche. Pure Bond, Fleming would have loved it.

http://www.sviguns.com/1202.php

tiki_375_375_3.jpg
  • Indiana_BondIndiana_Bond AustraliaPosts: 38MI6 Agent
    Just a bit of trivia: the Walther P88 actually was supposed to become Bond's new gun in the movie that eventually became GoldenEye. The gun was set to debut in the Pre-Titles Sequence (a draft of which can be found here - http://007art.free.fr/mygalleries/arternative/GoldenEye_Lost_Sequence.pdf).
    Asp9mm wrote:
    That's why he doesn't shop at M&S and drink Australian wine.

Oi! :))
    Just a bit of trivia: the Walther P88 actually was supposed to become Bond's new gun in the movie that eventually became GoldenEye. The gun was set to debut in the Pre-Titles Sequence (a draft of which can be found here - http://007art.free.fr/mygalleries/arternative/GoldenEye_Lost_Sequence.pdf).
    Asp9mm wrote:

OK, German wine :D
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

OK, German wine :D

I'm pretty sure Craig's Bond would drink Australian wine, or any New World export. And why not? Aussies have been making better wine than the French for years. Good call on M&S though. I've been down that route, then seen seventy year-old duffers wearing my entire outfit- never again...
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

You are right, Australian wine can be damned well superb :) I'd never shootpistols after consuming a bottle or so though :s
    It may well improve my aim...

• Dan SameDan Same Victoria, AustraliaPosts: 6,054MI6 Agent
    I'm pretty sure Craig's Bond would drink Australian wine, or any New World export. And why not? Aussies have been making better wine than the French for years.
    :D Any compliment at the expense of the French is greatly appreciated. :v :))
    "He’s a man way out there in the blue, riding on a smile and a shoeshine. And when they start not smiling back—that’s an earthquake. and then you get yourself a couple of spots on your hat, and you’re finished. Nobody dast blame this man. A salesman is got to dream, boy. It comes with the territory." Death of a Salesman
    Best Wine I had recently is Beringer Sparkling Rose. And I'm not really a wine man. But it was nice. The Girlfriend likes it, and insisted I have a sip.

I'm considering getting some Tattinger champagne for Christmas and New Year. It's quite reasonable in ASDA right now.
    0013 wrote:
    Best Wine I had recently is Beringer Sparkling Rose. And I'm not really a wine man. But it was nice. The Girlfriend likes it, and insisted I have a sip.

I'm considering getting some Tattinger champagne for Christmas and New Year. It's quite reasonable in ASDA right now.

If you liked the Beringer, try Laurent Piper Champagne either over or even alongside the Tattinger - it's Dom Perignon's more affordable brother and extremely smooth, light and slightly sweeter than the Tattinger. It's certainly one of the nicest I've had.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I find a drop of Buckfast Tonic Wine drunk straight from the bottel ( sometimes mixed with a dash of cider ) and a good shouting match at passing strangers is a great evening out :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I find a drop of Buckfast Tonic Wine drunk straight from the bottel ( sometimes mixed with a dash of cider ) and a good shouting match at passing strangers is a great evening out :))

Sounds like my street... Is that you in the hoody outside the Happy Shopper? :))

Thankfully I'm moving to the country next week... :)

You won't regret that. I don't think I could live anywhere that doesn't have woods within two minutes walk of my house. I love my bushcrafting too much, not to mention the wildlife, smells, silence and changing seasons.....
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Wheren't you telling me that it was only for the opportunity for a public pee that you have been moving to there?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    edited October 2009
    Asp9mm wrote:

You won't regret that. I don't think I could live anywhere that doesn't have woods within two minutes walk of my house. I love my bushcrafting too much, not to mention the wildlife, smells, silence and changing seasons.....

I knew it! You're Ray Mears... :))

Bondtoys wrote:
    Wheren't you telling me that it was only for the opportunity for a public pee that you have been moving to there?

I can do that in the city. Plenty of lamposts there.

ps Ray Mears is great. I'm seeing him on Sunday. I've been on many forays with him.
  • Dangerman009Dangerman009 Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    7289 wrote:
    In Octopussy, Moore's P5 is knocked out of his hand in a chase. When he gets to HQ he tells Q, "I seem to have misplaced my PPK". For me that was a clue that while the script required a PPK, someone on the prop side substituted the P5 and no one really noticed or cared about the change.
    I don't have Octopussy, so I can't verify it but it seems to me that it was a PPK that was knocked out of his hand in that chase. I'll see if I can get it from the library next week, and I'll post a screen shot.

I really appreciated seeing the PPK in Quantum of Solace too. It was a nice surprise. I also liked that he had to rely more on 'pick ups' than in other movies. The PPK just looks good.:)

On a side note, after the shootout in the opera house, was Bond without a pistol until he took the 226 off the guy in the elevator?
    I thought I noticed a SPECTRE at your shoulder.
    I just watched that scene, and I stand corrected. It is indeed a P5. I would post a screen shot, but I don't remember if I'm allowed to post a photo from one of the movies.
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    That's what I thought. That P5 does look good though.
    I just watched that scene, and I stand corrected. It is indeed a P5. I would post a screen shot, but I don't remember if I'm allowed to post a photo from one of the movies.

Just crop the image of the P5, that should be OK.
    Well that's beyond any doubt a P5.
  • si3n4si3n4 USPosts: 9MI6 Agent
    I was watching CR again the other day and was thinking Bond would look good with Dryden's Ultrastar pistol. It's a nice 9mm and small. Maybe we can see Bond use one. Okay, just wishful thinking...