Walford star becomes Bond for new game

84208420 Posts: 721MI6 Agent
EastEnders actor Adam Croasdell has taken on the role of James Bond for the latest 007 video game.

The soap star, who plays Walford's Dr Al Jenkins, revealed that he was thrilled to be offered the part because he is keen to keep his career varied.

In an interview with BBC Asian Network, Crosdell confirmed: "Oddly enough I have just played James Bond in the new James Bond video game - how weird is that? I don't know what the future holds, but I'm always into varying up what comes my way, trying new things."

He continued: "I think video games and the making of that type of technology, being in a funny one-piece suit and being shot with 60 cameras, I think that's sort of the future.

"Andy Serkis did it in The Hobbit, and there's a new film Avatar which is James Cameron - it's all that sort of motion capture. I think it's the future, so I was fascinated to see how that would happen.

"I think in our lifetime it is going to swing very much into the realms of computerised environments and who knows, maybe there will be more of that."

Activision announced plans for the new Bond game in August. It is expected to be released next year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/s2/eastenders/news/a185917/walford-star-becomes-bond-for-new-game.html

Comments

• 007_fanatica007_fanatica Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    just hope the new game is better then the last:#
  • scottmu65scottmu65 Carlisle, Cumbria, UKPosts: 402MI6 Agent
    Im looking forward to this, now that the rumours have changed, I've heard that the next game won't be racing orientated which can only be a good thing. Also what would be the point in getting a new actor to use both his likeness and to do motion capture if it's only going to be driving orientated?
    http://www.classicbondforums.tk - Please support our community.
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    I hope that issues that plagued QOS do not crop up in this game. The camera during game play was terrible and and just getting into one gun fight after another was pretty pointless. I hope that their is more spying in this game than their was in QOS.
    I wonder how the game is progressing. 2009 is over now and I know many publishers hard at work for games that will not be out till spring or summer. I hope that things have changed and the game is not entirely centered around driving, having read all the comments about how bad 007 Racing was, I would rather not see Activision repeat a mistake that EA made ten years ago.
    According to the latest news round up over www.mi6.co.uk the next James Bond video game has been delayed in release, until later in the year. The article did not say the exact reason why, however an executive of Activision said that the shift in release was in part due the company not wanting to repeat what happened to QOS the game and have it come out the same week as Call of Duty or another big name in the company's stable and get forgotten by the gaming public as a result.

I am feeling okay about this development as I would rather Activision would make a decent game rather than a poor game rushed out to fill store shelves.
    Check out this link :http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=8432&t=mi6&s=news for some new information on the game.
    Current rumors about are saying that Bloodstone is the title. No official word yet from Activision.
    According to the latest news round up at www.mi6.co.uk, Activision has put the current Bond video game on hold, while the developers work on another game for the summer season. It looks like this game will now come out in the fall/winter as a result.
  • TonyDPTonyDP Inside the MonolithPosts: 4,280MI6 Agent
    PPK 7.65mm wrote:
    According to the latest news round up at www.mi6.co.uk, Activision has put the current Bond video game on hold, while the developers work on another game for the summer season. It looks like this game will now come out in the fall/winter as a result.

I've read that the developers have been moved onto making online maps for the next Call of Duty game and that the new Bond gave has been put on the back-burner indefinitely.

Activision, which holds the videogame rights to Bond, has become a very bottom-line focused company in the past couple of years. They've come to prefer churning out sequel after sequel for their money makers like Call of Duty and Guitar Hero on a 12 month cycle while pushing back any titles that haven't been proven hits. The Bond racing game they were working on seems to have died a quiet death (developer Bizarre Creations went on to do the combat recing game Blur instead) and given the disappointing sales of the QoS game, I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the Bond license altogether.
    I hope that Activision keeps the license for Bond games, just because QOS failed does mean they should give up. Look at EA, their first effort with the TND game was a disaster, yet they continued to move forward while learning from their mistakes for the most part. Activision may be a shadow of the company they used be, but I am sure they will do better next time.

PS: I heard that the most recent Call of Duty game in development is set during the Cold War. So in the event Bloodstone gets canceled, you could pretend that your Bond while playing the game.
    Just wanted to remind you all that E3 is next week. Hopefully Activision will have some more news then about the game.
    http://www.mi6.co.uk/sections/articles/gaming_activision_ge_rumours.php3?t=&s=&id=02579

It looks like we make be getting an updated version of Goldeneye if this and other articles at MI6 hold true. If Goldeneye is being remade I wonder if actor Adam Croasdell will voice Bond in the game. Hopefully with E3 taking place next week in the US, we will finally have the answers we want.