Welcome & Comings & Goings

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Gambit wrote:
    Hello
    I've been a Bond fan since I saw Thunderball on TV at 9 years old.Besides Bond my intrests are Sportscar racing and Spy novels.

A warm welcome to AJB, Gambit. Are you a The New Avengers fan by any chance?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • GambitGambit United StatesPosts: 7MI6 Agent
    Gambit wrote:
    Hello
    I've been a Bond fan since I saw Thunderball on TV at 9 years old.Besides Bond my intrests are Sportscar racing and Spy novels.

Thanks SILHOUETTE MAN yes and Gambit is one of my favorite spies.Are you also on MI6-HQ by any chance?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Gambit wrote:
    Gambit wrote:
    Hello

Thanks SILHOUETTE MAN yes and Gambit is one of my favorite spies.Are you also on MI6-HQ by any chance?

Yes, I am. It's the only other Bond forum I still hold a position at (besides the great AJB, of course), after my goodbyes to CBn in November 2012 and BaB in March 2013. I post as Dragonpol over there, though. Are you on MI6-HQ too?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Glad to Hear Wesley Snipes is out of prison.
    Blade 4 can't be far away. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • GambitGambit United StatesPosts: 7MI6 Agent
    Gambit wrote:

Yes, I am. It's the only other Bond forum I still hold a position at (besides the great AJB, of course), after my goodbyes to CBn in November 2012 and BaB in March 2013. I post as Dragonpol over there, though. Are you on MI6-HQ too?
    Yes I go by Gambit on MI6-HQ as well.
    Gambit wrote:
    Gambit wrote:

Yes I go by Gambit on MI6-HQ as well.

Oh, great! Thought as much. Maybe we'll meet up over there at some point, then? Mostly the topics I post here I post on MI6 too. Great site, as is AJB. I've only just added a renewed recommendation on both of these great Bond forums on my blog today. -{
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself to the forum.

Firstly I am really impressed with the enthusiasm and knowledge of the members on this forum.

I have been a Bond fan since my dad took me to see Goldfinger back in 1964 and it still remains my favourite film, even went to see the digital version some years ago at the cinema and it’s still just as good now on the big screen.

I have been collecting Bond items now for 25 years, mainly Corgi I especially like prototype and pre-production items, also campaign books, lobby cards, and posters especially Italian Photobustas, Locandinas, Posters and any film related prop items.

I don’t profess to being an expert in anything Bond just an enthusiast for everything Bond.

Cheers -{
    Robert
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    Belated Welcome ACACIA_AVENUE -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    Belated Welcome ACACIA_AVENUE -{

Indeed...nice to have you here -{
    YNWA 97
    Thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself to the forum.

Firstly I am really impressed with the enthusiasm and knowledge of the members on this forum.

I have been a Bond fan since my dad took me to see Goldfinger back in 1964 and it still remains my favourite film, even went to see the digital version some years ago at the cinema and it’s still just as good now on the big screen.

I have been collecting Bond items now for 25 years, mainly Corgi I especially like prototype and pre-production items, also campaign books, lobby cards, and posters especially Italian Photobustas, Locandinas, Posters and any film related prop items.

I don’t profess to being an expert in anything Bond just an enthusiast for everything Bond.

Cheers -{
    Robert

Yes, AA. Welcome to AJB. Hope you really enjoy your time here. :) -{
    edited April 2013
    AJB is the place to be for all new members - it's definitely the best JB forum out there!
    Sadly time to fall on my sword. I seem to of really upset Sir Miles. This was never my Intention.
    Sadly that's the problem with writing as oposed to sitting talking, sometimes mistakes are made.
    Still it's been Fun. My own fault for straying into subjects, I know little to nothing about. So Bye
    to all.
    Sadly time to fall on my sword. I seem to of really upset Sir Miles. This was never my Intention.
    Sadly that's the problem with writing as oposed to sitting talking, sometimes mistakes are made.
    Still it's been Fun. My own fault for straying into subjects, I know little to nothing about. So Bye
    to all.

Well...you are being over dramatic and it's not what I want...hell, I'd have banned you if that's all I wanted :))

So stop being a mard-arse and keep posting -{
    YNWA 97
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Indeed. It is time for Sir Miles to retire to the study with the shotgun and a bottle of vodka. :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,327Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:
    keep posting -{

+1.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,276MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    keep posting -{

+1.

Kiddin'.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Indeed. It is time for Sir Miles to retire to the study with the shotgun and a bottle of vodka. :D

Why...is that were you're hiding ? :v
    YNWA 97
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    So Bye
    to all.
    Sorry man, unacceptable.
    We like you too much.

Don't make me give you a time out!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    No way TP, you gotta stay -{
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Say it isn't so, TP! Get your ass back in here! :D

Seriously, dude, whatever transpired can surely be rectified.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    You can't be serious, TP!

We all need you here, it'll be much more boring without you!
    I've sent you a forum email.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Hi guys,
    Spent most of last night in a Film Noir mood, Smoking heavily in a vest as I
    stared out on the New York skyline. Which was difficult as I don't smoke or live
    in New youk but I do look good in a Vest.
    I can only think that I've become so in tune with my Feminine Side that I've
    developed a "Sensitive" time of the month. When I get all emotional and thin skined.
    I do remember my nipples were very sensitive yesterday, but that might of been
    polyester vest.
    I like to thank everone for their kind words and messages. It came last night around
    11pm tied to a house brick through my living room window.
    " Please stay, you views make mine look sensible. SM "
    Who ever that is ?.
    I'd miss AJB, I love to sit in front of my laptop, holding that instrument of joy in my hand
    as I quickly tap one out, ( another great opinion ). I've had some happy times here on AJB,
    admittledly when everyone else is off-line. So it's Hunble Pie Time.
    It's said it takes a Big man to admit when he's wrong, and judging by my trousers waist size
    that would be Me. So Sir Miles Please accept this as my Apology. Things were said, bottles spilt,
    places touched, Dolls pointed at, statements taken, It all got messy.
    In future I'll stick to what I know, Bond, TV/Entertainment and the Musicals of Doris Day.
    Hopefully this will be the end of it, and like a Dentist fitting a Retainer, It's now Just ..............
    ............................. Water under the Bridge. ;)

( Come on I'm a Wedding photographer, I've heard too many Wedding speeches, Bad jokes
    are the Clay I work with :D )

Seriously, I hope we're cool again.
    -{ Glad to hear it!
    LMAO, particularly on the nipples part :))

Glad that you are back again, your absence has been too long ;)

And youi should continue to post abouth things that you have no idea of (such as Dalton as Bond ;) ), your expert posts are pretty boring :D

Bondtoys wrote:
    you should continue to post about things that you have no idea of

...but surely that would be infringing on your territory, Bondtoys? :))
    What you must know, Barbel: I am a pretty cool person!
    I can live with a second bloke of my kind - particularly if he's not as good as me in the corresponding territory :v

Bondtoys wrote:
    What you must know, Barbel: I am a pretty cool person!
    I can live with a second bloke of my kind - particularly if he's not as good as me in the corresponding territory :v

:)) And we all already know you're cool!
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I have been a member of this site now for a few months and I just want to say that I enjoy meeting other Bond fans and chatting about all things Bond.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    So Sir Miles Please accept this as my Apology.

As I've already said - there was never a need for an apology...or for more 'flouncing out' :D

We've covered the ground and made the points via email - so no need to rehash them here...and you can opine on whatever subject you wish because other than you knowing Dalton to be a superb Bond you know bugger all else :p

-{
    YNWA 97
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles, I'd like to apologize as well. I know I have posted some things that have irritated you in the past, plus I don't want TP to be all alone in the Apology Club. :)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS