James Bond Themes-CD-TMWTGGun-wrong tune.

BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
I've bought the James Bond Themes music CD at least twice, and every time the track titled The Man With the Golden Gun is something completely different. A sort of 1960s big band tune which has no connection with Bond music.
Does anyone know what it is?
I recently bought the latest Best of Bond CD, which does have TMWTGGun by Lulu and also Surrender by K.D.Lang and You Know my Name by Chris Cornell and all the other themes. So that's much better.
Also bought a Roland Shaw Bond music CD which has some interesting arrangements of Bond music, with an exotic version of Diamonds Are Forever amongst others.

Bleuville.
" I wouldn't go Banco on that!" OHMSS.

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,386Chief of Staff
    Bleuville wrote:
    I've bought the James Bond Themes music CD at least twice, and every time the track titled The Man With the Golden Gun is something completely different. A sort of 1960s big band tune which has no connection with Bond music.
    Does anyone know what it is?
    I recently bought the latest Best of Bond CD, which does have TMWTGGun by Lulu and also Surrender by K.D.Lang and You Know my Name by Chris Cornell and all the other themes. So that's much better.
    Also bought a Roland Shaw Bond music CD which has some interesting arrangements of Bond music, with an exotic version of Diamonds Are Forever amongst others.

Bleuville.
    " I wouldn't go Banco on that!" OHMSS.

It's by a chap called Eric Winstone, whose big band was recording a Bond cover album between LALD and TMWTGG. Since John Barry's song hadn't been released, Winstone came up with this much re-released tune.

Glad you liked the Shaw stuff- I've an article on it here which you may like.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the MWTGGun - Eric Winstone identification on James Bond Themes.

The Roland Shaw Double CD is produced by Poker Records part of Cherry Red Records.
    (2008 - they have a website. cherryred.co.uk )
    There is 1 . James Bond In Action with 24 tracks including music within the films.e.g-Dawn Raid on Fort Knox from Goldfinger. (Films from Dr. No to DAF.)

Then 2. Themes for Secret Agents (& Spy Thrillers) which has others like The Avengers, Man From UNCLE, Our Man Flint, Mission Impossible etc. (13 tracks).

I bought it in a "Rise" music/DVD shop(like HMV).
    Bleuville.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,386Chief of Staff
    For more detail on Roland Shaw's Bond recordings, have a look at http://jamesbond.ajb007.co.uk/the-bond-music-of-roland-shaw-1920-2008/ . Hope you find it useful.