The Great Ebay Thread.

Comments

• MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    actoreagle wrote:

Really ?:) Depends what "horse" you choose :p
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • CarsonDyleCarsonDyle AustraliaPosts: 153MI6 Agent
    Anybody know anything about this?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/007-James-Bond-Keyring-Keyfinder-Whistle-prop-replica-/271106277156?pt=Merchandising_Cinema_e_TV&hash=item3f1f317f24

They say it is made by an artisan collector. Would anybody here be that artisan?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    CarsonDyle wrote:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/007-James-Bond-Keyring-Keyfinder-Whistle-prop-replica-/271106277156?pt=Merchandising_Cinema_e_TV&hash=item3f1f317f24

They say it is made by an artisan collector. Would anybody here be that artisan?

It looks exactly like the promotional item Philips made themselves, not a home brew project.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    CarsonDyle wrote:

It looks exactly like the promotional item Philips made themselves, not a home brew project.

Maybe you should take a closer look Singe ! they are totaly fake, the keyring part is cast solid, and the switch on the side is wrong, id say the whole thing is fake -{
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    CarsonDyle wrote:

Maybe you should take a closer look Singe ! they are totaly fake, the keyring part is cast solid, and the switch on the side is wrong, id say the whole thing is fake -{

I Believe this is the chap who replicated them :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAMES-BOND-KEY-RING-FINDER-REPRODUCTION-CUSTOM-PROP-/281026446096?pt=Collezioni_diverse&hash=item416e7b4310

Formerly known as Teppo
    Teppo wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JAMES-BOND-KEY-RING-FINDER-REPRODUCTION-CUSTOM-PROP-/281026446096?pt=Collezioni_diverse&hash=item416e7b4310

I'm off to specsavers.

My bad guys.

MG
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Teppo wrote:
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

I didn't want to say anything but I did assume that the artisans here would have preferred to engineer something more screen accurate.

I'm off to specsavers.

My bad guys.

MG
    Sorry Minigeff, didn't mean to shoehorn in on your comment.
  • Hi there,

Sorry to jump in but we've a collection a 1st edition James Bond novels. We currently have a 1st edition Goldfinger, signed by Honor Blackman, Shirley Eaton & Tania Mallet. It's a fantastic piece and the listing is here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Signed-First-Edition-Goldfinger-/170945487260?pt=Antiquarian_Books_UK&hash=item27cd25219c

As sentimental as it sounds, we'd much rather it went to a true aficionado rather than a generic collector.

Do get it contact if it you're interested.

info@mayfaircuriosityshop.com
    CarsonDyle wrote:
    Sorry Minigeff, didn't mean to shoehorn in on your comment.

Foghorn Leghorn :D
  • internationaliiinternationalii Posts: 40MI6 Agent
    Hi to all,
    @Teppo : no,I am not the chap who replicated the keyring ( sorry )
    Is a friends of mine,and I help him to sell the item,only this.

@danjaq_0ff : Fake ? Yes,is a custom replica, …Every custom replica,is a fake ?i think yes
    The switch on the side is wrong ? Hum…I have 2 original (the object was reproduced on one of my two ),and the switch is on the some side…Hum..have I other 2 fake ,buy in U.S.A. at the movie time ? Maybe ...

There is a BIG mistake : the back screws are SILVER and not BLACK, but this was intentional, to have difference from the original, and for the same reason, I haven't allowed it replied the packaging.I think, as a good 007 collector,was a good job, but every person can get their ideas.
    Ciao
    Internationalii
    FB : jamesbondamessina
    Sorry I don't agree, if you were replicating the one in the movie that is fine, but you are directly copying the one that was sold, and someone at some point will try to sell as such, in fact, someone already tried to sell these as originals to a good friend of mine, so in my eyes they are FAKE :D

Hi to all,
    @Teppo : no,I am not the chap who replicated the keyring ( sorry )
    Is a friends of mine,and I help him to sell the item,only this.

@danjaq_0ff : Fake ? Yes,is a custom replica, …Every custom replica,is a fake ?i think yes
    The switch on the side is wrong ? Hum…I have 2 original (the object was reproduced on one of my two ),and the switch is on the some side…Hum..have I other 2 fake ,buy in U.S.A. at the movie time ? Maybe ...

There is a BIG mistake : the back screws are SILVER and not BLACK, but this was intentional, to have difference from the original, and for the same reason, I haven't allowed it replied the packaging.I think, as a good 007 collector,was a good job, but every person can get their ideas.
    Ciao
    Internationalii
    Ahhh ...If you mean the ORIGINAL used in the movie, I agree with you, definitely.But this is definitely a copy of the object sold by the manufacturer ... so a FAKE by another fake :)) Right, but it would have been an honest and not, as I wrote above, was not allowed.If after a buyer who buys, sells it as original, which is used in the movie ... well, I made her.For me, it's just a very good replica, nothing else.
    Ciao
    Internationalii
    Ahhh ...If you mean the ORIGINAL used in the movie, I agree with you, definitely.But this is definitely a copy of the object sold by the manufacturer ... so a FAKE by another fake :)) Right, but it would have been an honest and not, as I wrote above, was not allowed.If after a buyer who buys, sells it as original, which is used in the movie ... well, I made her.For me, it's just a very good replica, nothing else.
    Ciao
    Internationalii

Cheap knock off more like -{

it is just unfortunate that some people don't know what they are looking at :D 100 euros indeed.
    ..But I think only a little careful collector would believe that, the original, used in the film, was marked JAMES BOND 007 :)) :D ,
    KEY.jpg
    ..But I think only a little careful collector would believe that, the original, used in the film, was marked JAMES BOND 007 :)) :D ,
    KEY.jpg

Well the careful collector that asked me about it after you offered it to him a few days ago, seemed pretty convinced ?

my msn is not working or I would have asked him further about this, lets hope he stops by here and clears this up !
    ??? I get the impression you've seen the auction of the object's constructor, open because I don't ship in U.S.A ...Mine seems quite clear and ...I don't have any offer :# !However, I understand your thinking.
    edited November 2012
    First i'd like to apologize that I believed it was you who made the replicas.

BUT like stated earlier before your friend has made an KNOCK OFF from REAL deal as used by Philips Electronics marketing
    back in 1987 when they held a marketing deal with production company (from 86 to 89), so I think there's a reason why you don't have got any offers. 8-)

EDIT: Question remains: Why replicate a marketing piece i.e. fake it and not make it look like in the movie ?:)

Formerly known as Teppo
    Hi Teppo,no problem you haven't injuried me :) .For your question,if i have good understud ( sorry if not ) your question,the manufacturer wanted to build a replica of the object, submitting it (according to me honest way) as a replica of the one put up for sale, as replicated on that subject.I think (and certainly not I would have helped, if so was) if he did believe, perhaps modifying it and without writing JAMES BOND 007, which was a replica from the original used in the film, it would have been a hoax.In the end, is a replica of the original put up for sale more than 20 years ago, from the same manufacturer that produced the one used in the film.
    Hi Teppo,no problem you haven't injuried me :) .For your question,if i have good understud ( sorry if not ) your question,the manufacturer wanted to build a replica of the object, submitting it (according to me honest way) as a replica of the one put up for sale, as replicated on that subject.I think (and certainly not I would have helped, if so was) if he did believe, perhaps modifying it and without writing JAMES BOND 007, which was a replica from the original used in the film, it would have been a hoax.In the end, is a replica of the original put up for sale more than 20 years ago, from the same manufacturer that produced the one used in the film.

Indeed, it's a fake of a 20 year old promotional item, not a replica of a screen used film prop.

The trouble is, whoever buys one could think they're buying an original promotional item, or they could mislead someone in the future by selling it on as an original promotional item, which would in my book, be dishonest.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    "Indeed, it's a fake of a 20 year old promotional item, not a replica of a screen used film prop"OOOHHH..At last !!!
    "..someone in the future by selling it on as an original promotional item, which would in my book, be dishonest."..Yes,is possible...But it the same if i buy a modern GOLDEN GUN and,with some measures and ageing,say " ITS SD STUDIOS"...or " THE ORIGINAL GG HANDED BY SCARAMANGA ".
    the same manufacturer or myself in my listing, we could designate as ORIGINAL PHILIPS, maybe with the blister, but this has not been done.Who would realize? How many, have one original PHILIPS?I think the whole story is clear and that there is nothing hidden

internationalii
    FB: jamesbondamessina
    edited November 2012
    No offence, but Philips promotional keyfinders have been sold by collectors without the blister. True, not too many have the original promotional ones, but point is now there's at least 20 fakes of the promotional item floating on the market...and No, not all collectors have "eagle eyes". Fake of an promotional item ain't same as replicating screen accurate prop - And no, the promotional keyfinder ain't same as the screen used one.

These promotional ones pop-up from time to time on eBay, for example here (although the listing has ended)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/James-Bond-Living-Daylights-Philips-Key-Finder-/290788660122?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=8ZYCj5NXrtsj4eVVWN%2FYp4VUERA%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Formerly known as Teppo
    No offense, calm discussion is always pleasant.I know this listing, I bid it for a friend of mine, but don't won.Even the blister, could be reproduced without great difficulty.The problem is: in your opinion, would be honest that was a PHILIPS original, or that is a copy of the same? For 20 more fakes, how many fake SD there are around? For example, the PARKER pen from GOLDENEYE? myself, I have a pair of metal keys of the satellite from the same film, but the seller said clearly that his custom works ...Or space gun from the film MOONRAKER.The important thing is knowing what you sell, and the same is true for props which, for me, are always fake even though perfect, that such an inexperienced, can be made to believe even used in the film, then the originals.The watch blade from LALD ...The watch from FRWL ...And I have them ...They are very nice, but always forgeries to expose.Or not?
    -{
    No offense, calm discussion is always pleasant.I know this listing, I bid it for a friend of mine, but don't won.Even the blister, could be reproduced without great difficulty.The problem is: in your opinion, would be honest that was a PHILIPS original, or that is a copy of the same? For 20 more fakes, how many fake SD there are around? For example, the PARKER pen from GOLDENEYE? myself, I have a pair of metal keys of the satellite from the same film, but the seller said clearly that his custom works ...Or space gun from the film MOONRAKER.The important thing is knowing what you sell, and the same is true for props which, for me, are always fake even though perfect, that such an inexperienced, can be made to believe even used in the film, then the originals.The watch blade from LALD ...The watch from FRWL ...And I have them ...They are very nice, but always forgeries to expose.Or not?
    -{

I kinda understand what you are saying, many of the collectors would like to have a keyfinder prop from TLD and i can see the reason - it's one of the centerpieces of the movie. Now, we have collectors of all sorts, those who collect prop replicas, screen-used props, promotional material, posters, clothing, toys etc. everything Bond related. So for those who collect original promotional material this might be a shock...or misleading for those who don't know about the original promotional product.

I rest my case here and by no means judge you, i'm just curious why you decided to replicate the promotional item and not take it to the "next level" in other words study screen captures etc. to make screen accurate prop replica with correct led light on it etc. or even with correct key, which opens 90% of worlds locks :D -{

Formerly known as Teppo
  • Dr. NowtDr. Nowt Eastern EnglandPosts: 21MI6 Agent
    Hi, does anybody know if this was ever released as an official James Bond product? I can't seem to find much about them!
    Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/James-Bond-007-Card-And-Dice-Games-Gift-Set-Great-CHRISTMAS-Present-/150952546190?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Games&hash=item2325790f8e
    Hi,i have only the cards,without box,and is UNOFFICIAL.I hope this help you
    @Teppo Let me ask to artigian your question 8-)
  • Dr. NowtDr. Nowt Eastern EnglandPosts: 21MI6 Agent
    Hi,i have only the cards,without box,and is UNOFFICIAL.I hope this help you

many thanks for your reply, it is indeed a help.
    @Teppo Let me ask to artigian your question 8-)

This ain't really that serious honestly, was my few cents though -{

Formerly known as Teppo
  • VoituerVoituer Posts: 483MI6 Agent