Autograph Reference Section

Comments

• 75vette75vette South Outer BanksPosts: 82MI6 Agent
    Just an update on Joie Chitwood, Jr. Last week I received several Bond autographed photos from Mr. Chitwood, Jr. that I had sent to him a couple of weeks ago. Apparently, it is the case that he is connected to the film as a driver, as well as his father.
  • ksupersnakeksupersnake switzerlandPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    Hello, I would like to buy Sean Connery autograph can you tell me if this autograph is real or fake? I think that it is fake, I know not much in autograph, I would like to have your opinion
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks
  • PoorMansJBPoorMansJB USAPosts: 1,198MI6 Agent
    Hello, I would like to buy Sean Connery autograph can you tell me if this autograph is real or fake? I think that it is fake, I know not much in autograph, I would like to have your opinion
    image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks

Fake.
    thank you that's what I thought :D
    do you know where I can find 27x40 poster signed by Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan ?
    edited January 2015
    do you know where I can find 27x40 poster signed by Sean Connery or Pierce Brosnan ?

I would just Google those terms and look for a listing from a recognized seller. You can also look on eBay but be very wary of autographs there. There are almost certainly signatures of both available on the Bond Collectibles site but I don't believe he ever lists signed posters.
    Thank you for your answer, I would look at it
  • rbeerbee Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    I notice that it is only a couple of posters that continually say that Bond Collectibles sell fakes. I would urge anyone to speak to Alex directly and to do your own research before purchasing an autograph. But to suggest that Alex sells more fake than genuine autographs is VERY wrong. I am all for forums like this helping collectors but if as soon as you mention Bond Collectibles you get replies of fake EVERY TIME then it's not really helpful at all is it?

As a collector of autographs for thirty odd years and a seller of autographs for nearly twenty years let me say a couple of things.

1. 'Fraser's is one of the most reputable auction houses in the world.' Not in my eyes and many other peoples. If you had seen what I have seen over the years.

2. 'Note! It does not matter is it certified by DNA/PSA or any other certification company there is a lot of fakes in those too.' So right, again always do some research yourself.

4. 'No dealer is 100% irrefutable.' Again so true, we aim to be 100% of course but hopefully in reality it's 99.9%.
    Hi all,

I recently purchased a UK copy of "The World Of 007 - The Official James Bond Exhibition Brochure" from 1997. There are two signatures on the inside that I'm assuming are Bond related but I'm having trouble figuring out who they might be. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

300tdax.jpg
    2w3yvsp.jpg
    Lee Pfeiffer and Dave Worrall, two 007 experts involved in mounting the exhibition.
    PoorMansJB wrote:
    Lee Pfeiffer and Dave Worrall, two 007 experts involved in mounting the exhibition.

Thanks, PoorMansJB! I suspected one was Pfeiffer's but couldn't make heads or tails of the other. Really appreciate your help!
  • 007_Autographcollector007_Autographcollector Posts: 221MI6 Agent
    Hi rbee,

Okay so I think there are a few things that need to be clarified about Bondcollectibles, it is not just a few posters that are unhappy with them as a company, you only need to type in bondcollectibles on google, and the second automated search comes up as "bondcollectibles fake", where you can then see a large number of other collectors with doubts on various forums.
    I myself have been collecting James Bond autographs for over 15 years, and I have been lucky enough to travel all over to meet and interview a number of 007 celebrities, and during that time I became good friends with some of the most prolific James Bond autograph collectors in the world, some of whom are responsible for bringing rare names to shows like Autographica or Memorabilia.
    And during that time meeting these famed collectors, I am yet to meet a single one who believes in Bondcollectibles. A number of us collectors actually did a lot of investigating into Alex and below are a few of our findings, which I think would put a huge amount of doubt into any collector's mind.

Before I begin with a few of those findings, I would like to point out that I believe Alex's website (and the prices to match) are mostly genuine, however for many collectors, it is the ebay sales that are causing the most doubts. Especially as a simple mathematical calculation will tell you that with the sheer number of autographs he sells on ebay, it would mean that the celebrity in question must have spent years and years signing just for Alex, their arms would have dropped off!
    I also think, that the fact that you have only ever posted twice on AJB007 and both times you are defending Alex, only makes us regulars think that you are merely covering yourself as you "buy and trade with him all the time", because after all, you are as you say a seller.

So first off, in answer to your most recent post, you mention "calling" Alex. Okay so after having read your post, I did just that and I tried calling him several times in the days since, but as I thought, it is the same answer phone message that has been there for the last 15 years. I must have called Alex at least a dozen times over the first few years of my collecting life, and never once did he ever pick up or did he ever call back. As a matter of fact, I don't know anyone who has successfully managed to get hold of him on the phone. He does however, answer most of his emails, especially with regards to refunds.

So now to some of the findings:

1) In the months shortly after the Royal Premiere in London of Skyfall, Bondcollectibles proceeded to sell in excess of 50 signed photos of Berenice Marlohe, on the same photo, with the same pen, signed in the same place. The description on ebay, claimed that they were all signed at the Royal Albert Hall, Royal Premiere.
    I was at the Premiere, and I was on the red carpet for the entire time that Berenice was there signing. She signed no more than 3 or 4 pieces per collector for the small number of fans that were allowed in the autograph enclosures on the red carpets, before being whisked away to do her TV interviews further up the steps. Now from the amount of time I calculated Berenice took to sign those autographs, it is a physical impossibility for her to have been able to sign that many. So either Alex is lying about where they were signed or they are plain fake.

2) As a trial, I bought a few years ago a multi signed photo of Blofeld's cat, which had been signed by Max Von Sydow, John Hollis and Charles Gray. The photo was printed on Kodak Endura paper and I immediately had my doubts. I contacted Kodak international and they confirmed to me that the Kodak Endura range had been released in June of 2004, at the earliest. Charles Gray passed away in March, 2000. Enough said on that one. Although it is very interesting to note, that when I confronted Alex on my findings, a few months later, we trialled him again and bought a "vintage" Walter Gotell 8x10 of him as Morzeny in FRWL. It was not an original press still but a modern print, the only difference this time, was that the back was blank. And now if you purchase anything from Bondcollectibles off ebay that may be classed as vintage or a deceased rarity, the back is blank, thus making it almost impossible to know when that print was made.

3) Bondcollectibles are the only autograph seller I have seen on ebay who ship a different autograph to the one they have actually scanned in the description, and you can see that several people have actually written a negative or neutral review due to this fact. No genuine autograph seller would ever do that, and anyone who does, needs to seriously re-think about their selling techniques.

4) Dolores Keator never signed a single item for Bondcollectibles. This was confirmed by Dolores herself to one of the biggest 007 autograph collectors in the US when she donated funds for his charitable event. You only need to look at an original autograph of Dolores and compare it to Alex's and they do not even come close to matching. When I asked Alex for proof, he sent me a scan of a small noted paper, in the writing of his Dolores Keator autographs, saying something along the lines of "I, Dolores Keator confirm to have signed these photos of Alexander Brauchle". Anyone can do that.
    The same goes for Marguerite LeWars, although this time he was actually put into contact with her as he posed as a German fan club collector. He proceeded to send her 150 stills, to which she signed about 20 and sent them back. When she found out they were to be sold, she was so offended that she refused to sign anything else for him.
    He also severely offended Mie Hama and Akiko Wakabayashi, whom he was put into contact with through one of the biggest Japanese collectors. He again posed as a collector, but both women caught onto his selling scheme and were extremely offended and have since stopped signing autographs for anyone through the mail. Akiko only ever signed about a dozen photos back in 2001, but he continues to tell collectors that "only last week she sent him a parcel".

5) In your first post you mentioned Irka Bochenko and how Alex does over exaggerate when he says things like "Signed just for us within a very private signing". In fact if anything was signed, they were signed at a public autograph show.
    My point previous to your post was that when Irka came to visit me and I asked her about the photos for sale on Alex's ebay, she said to me that she had never seen those shots before, so therefore how could she have ever signed them in the first place? Either way, I would trust a good family friend over Alex any day of the week.

6) And finally you only need to look at the sheer magnitude of real rarities that Alex has sold over the years for cheap prices on ebay. Names like Rik Van Nutter, who by the way happens to be one of the absolute rarest autographs from the early bond films. But Alex has no problem finding Bond stills signed in sharpie by Rik... They are even all signed the same "all the best, Rik".
    It's quite incredible considering that I check my ebay searches for names like Rik twice a day and I have only ever seen two genuine examples of his signature to come on the market in 10 years, which have several differences to Alex's ones.
    The same goes for other very rare names like Anthony Dawson (the ones sold by Alex were shocking fakes), Michael Gothard (he must have sold over 50 white cards signed in black sharpie "Best Regards, Michael Gothard") and even John Kitzmiller, who I have only ever seen one genuine autograph from and again the autographs just do not match in the slighest!

So in closing rbee, due to the sheer volume of evidence backing up the fact that Bondcollectibles have and still sell bogus material, we have every right as knowledgeable collectors to warn people who come to us asking what we think of Alex. We have caught him out red handed selling fake material on more occasions than I care to count and although as you state, one can never be 100% certain on an autograph without actually being there to see it, if a dealer is caught selling fake autographs on a large number of occasions, there is a very high probability that other parts of his stock are also bogus.
    I have not got a vendetta against Alex or his company, and it is always very sad to see people get greedy and bend the rules to get what they want, but as an avid collector, I will always protect the interests of other collectors by using my knowledge and the facts I have gathered during my investigations.

To protect www.ajb007.co.uk, I would like to state that the opinions above are solely do with 007_autographcollector and do not represent the thoughts or opinions of www.ajb007.co.uk :-)
  • BondFanSince77BondFanSince77 FinlandPosts: 61MI6 Agent
    Yeah.jpg
    Very helpful info...thank you!

I contacted four different Ebay sellers this past week (Germany, UK, Netherlands, Australia) to inquire where their autographed photos originated as I was interested in possibly bidding on a few. Every one of them admitted they purchase most of their items from bondcollectibles, with several providing the original COA they received from bondcollectibles.

And therein lies a whole other problem as more and more "collectors" are purchasing Bond related items from bondcollectibles and then attempting to resell them on Ebay such that they are showing up everywhere. I'm just about to call it quits on trying to purchase anything autograph related on Ebay.

Anyway, thanks for the validation of what I have experienced firsthand, as well.
    Could you guys give me some feedback on the Connery and Dalton signatures below. I posted these some months back but do not believe a consensus was reached as to their authenticity. If deemed not genuine, would appreciate any reasons, too, as the newer ones of us (me) on the boards would really like to learn to discern authentic signatures from the fakes. Sure appreciate any help!

am6yhe.jpg

dxl001.jpg
    Hi 75vette!

I am glad I could help and your absolutely spot on, a lot of dealers are now buying from Bondcollectbiles' cheap ebay sales and then selling them themselves for a quick turn around, which I suppose was inevitably going to happen!

In terms of your autographs, to me the Sean Connery looks fine and genuine! But it is important to remember that Sean Connery is one of the most forged autographs and therefore forgers have become very good at imitating him, so always be careful when "buying" his autograph, your best bet is always look for vintage pages or vintage photos. Yours looks fine so don't worry :) But if you have any doubts about purchasing any others, just post them on here and we can take a look.

The Dalton looks like a rushed in person example, it has all the correct traits which you need to look for in Dalton's autograph. Just beware when buying 007 stills of him, as he now refuses to sign photos of him as Bond.

But both look fine to me :) -{
    Thank you very much...this is good to know!
    Just a little recap on my previous posts with regards to Bondcollectibles, having done a little more research on "rbee", I now understand why he gave the advice he did about Alex. Almost 90% of the 007 items that are for sale on an ebay with a similar name come from the same batch of photos as Bondcollectibles.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=rbees-autographs&hash=item3ce0e9070b&item=261471405835&pt=UK_DVD_Film_TV_Autographs_CV&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xjames+bond&_nkw=james+bond&_sacat=0
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    Could some one please recommend a good place to find a Timothy Dalton autograph that is his real signature?

Ideally I would like it to be a signed index card since I am looking to place it in a frame with an awesome looking photo of Dalton as James Bond from Licence To Kill. Recently I tried to get a signed Dalton index card from Bond Colletibles which I never got at all.

Also thank you for the advise about the pre-printed Trading Cards, I am currently on a tight budget collecting wise and I have seen the Topps 75th anniversary Moonraker autograph cards go for pretty cheap. Eventually I would like to get a signed Roger Moore 8x10 photo from Bond Stars.
    Hi PPK!

Any Dalton material signed on 007 items and photos has a high percentage of being bogus as he now refuses to sign any 007 items. But there are a lot of items out there signed by Timothy, especially index cards, so if you see something you like from searching on google through various dealers, just post on here before making your purchase and we will have a look at it for you :)
  • MooseWithFleasMooseWithFleas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 753MI6 Agent
    007_Autographcollector, defender of the true Bond collectors! Thank you for your due diligence that helps many new collectors make informed decisions.
    Hi all,

Could I get your opinion on these Bond signatures.

Thanks!

izz31d.jpg
    nqqrgp.jpg
    14y8g1c.jpg
    9id8bs.jpg
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Sorry, they all look fake to me...certainly the Craig and Lazenby's ones. The Brosnan one looks the best of the bunch but every time I see his auto it looks different, so I'm no expert on his auto. Where did you get them?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Sorry, they all look fake to me...certainly the Craig and Lazenby's ones. The Brosnan one looks the best of the bunch but every time I see his auto it looks different, so I'm no expert on his auto. Where did you get them?

That's what I was thinking as well. Thank you for the input. After looking at a bazillion of these, I tend to start trying to fool myself into thinking that one or two aspects of the signature might make it legit. They're currently listed on Ebay and I've been wanting to pick up Brosnan and Lazenby without breaking the bank since I don't have those.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    They're also all on basic set trading cards by the look if it too, and whilst it's not outside the realm of possibilities, seems unlikely all these Bond actors would have obliged...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Thank you for the kind words MooseWithFleas, I try my best!

With regards to the bond autographs above, yes they are sadly all bogus. There seem to be a number of these cards for sale and unfortunately the majority are fake. The Rittenhouse autograph cards are the only ones which are 100% authentic.

Good luck with your collecting 75vette! -{
    Thanks, guys, appreciate it. Currently my collection is about half TTM and half Rittennhouse cards, about 100 of each. I'm facing two main problems now, though:

First, I've coming to the end of being able to contact everyone appearing in the films (credited and uncredited). I've written to most everyone I could find addresses for on Startiger but not sure how to get working addresses for everyone else. The list of persons appearing in the films I put together from http://www.james-bond-movie-list.com/ and only about half those people are listed on Startiger.

Second, I would like to expand my TTM campaign to anyone who worked on the Bond films (directors, art directors, sound, costumes, etc.) but not sure where to get an exhaustive list of these individuals. Does anyone know of such a list, exhaustive or partial?

Thanks, again!
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,229MI6 Agent
    edited October 2020
    A big thank you to 007 autograph collector for your helpful advise. As soon as I can I am going to look for a Timothy Dalton signed index card at a proper dealer and post a picture of it for you all to examine here prior to my purchasing it.

On another related note, Bond Stars.com is a great company to do business with. I have purchased two autographs from them and despite their being based in England and me in the state of New York, I still got both my Ken Wallis (RIP) and my Shirley Eaton autographs very quickly. I cannot wait to get both a Roger Moore and Rachel Grant(played Peaceful Fountains of Desire in Die Another Day) autograph from them in the near future when my budget allows for it.
    Hello,
    I will return to you because I always looking for a poster signed by Sean Connery, there are 2 a sell, when do you? (The poster Dr. No a the letter of authenticity)

thanks for your help
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Hi all,

Last year as I was just beginning my Bond collection, I purchased quite a few autographed photos from you know who on Ebay. After going over them with a fine toothed comb, I concluded that about half were most likely fakes and about half were possibly genuine. However, the five below I'm still not sure about. Any help would be much appreciated. They are - Barbara Carrera, Zena Marshall, Shirley Eaton, Peter Hunt, and Martin Benson.

Thanks!

otntas.jpg
    2u56ps8.jpg
    rc5341.jpg
    2pt74fr.jpg
    2zp8ldy.jpg