FanFest 24-25th April 2010

PaulWestonPaulWeston Midlands, UKPosts: 119MI6 Agent
25 Bond guests announced at:
http://www.fanfestival.co.uk/index.php

Bondstars are involved. Let's hope they ask for some more unusual guests to attend.

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    PaulWeston wrote:
    25 Bond guests announced at:
    http://www.fanfestival.co.uk/index.php

Bondstars are involved. Let's hope they ask for some more unusual guests to attend.

Would someone who is attending this be willing to have a photograph signed by Lazenby and dedicated to me? I will provide the photo, a return envelope, Lazenby's fee and something for your time and effort. If willing to help, please send me a message. Thanks a million. :007)
  • Disco VolanteDisco Volante Surrey, EnglandPosts: 543MI6 Agent
    Excellent find Paul.
    Whilst I've met almost all of thos attending (not Mr Lee though!) I will definitely be taking my 5 yr old son as he's always wanted to meet Jaws! He'l like the models too and a boat trip on the Thames is a bonus also.
  • Tilly Masterson 007Tilly Masterson 007 UKPosts: 1,472MI6 Agent
    I'll be going to this one - sounds a good event!

And to meet Mr Lee would be a real privelege - the man's a legend!

Cheers chaps.
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    Just want to make it clear that Sir Christopher will not be signing any autographs at all before or after his interview.
    www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
    www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
    www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website
  • DOUBLE-00DOUBLE-00 ESSEX, ENGLANDPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    Thats just saved me buying tickets then, thanks.
  • PaulWestonPaulWeston Midlands, UKPosts: 119MI6 Agent
    I hope something is done for us die hard Bond fans as we have had many many chances to meet most of these stars.
    Let's hope Bondstars can use their skills and pull in some less frequent attending stars on their portfolio.
    It sounds like an amazing event and I'm so glad to see it being organised and with so many attending, but unless some unusual ones attend, I can't justify going.
    Let's not let the 40th Anniversary of OHMSS pass by without some acknowledgement of one of the shows.
    We have James Bond and an Angel of Death. What about Bernard Horsfall too?
    Some more guests added to the FanFest site, notably Mr White (Jesper Christensen).
    edited February 2010
    Fantastic. Definately going just for Jesper Christensen Mr. White (just hope he turns up!). Well done Bondstars - I knew you could pull something amazing together for all Bond autograph collectors. I hope you add a few more unusual similar to Alkis Kritikos, just in case Mr White fails.
    My German friend will be pleased now I'm going - expecting to spend alot of his money too!
    This is going to be an amazing event.

I've already got my ticket and am looking forward to this one. Autographica this year doesn't compare to this show so far!
    PaulWeston wrote:
    I hope you add a few more unusual one like Alkis Kritikos just in case Mr White fails.

Alkis Kritikos is already confirmed matey! I met him around 4 years ago at the 'Starcon' show at Kempton Race Course, cool guy he was too!
    New guest announced Christopher Muncke, TSWLM crewman
    That's a good guest such as Christopher Muncke. Another rare one pulled out of the hat!
    Are there any more guests to be announced or is this the final line up as it stands on the website?
    The last 2 were crew. Maybe that's it? I suppose all will be going Sat and Sun, it doesn't state otherwise.
    Another special effects member and Jeremy Bulloch just added
    Good old Boba Fett :))
    Valerie Leon just added....keep getting disappointed with these last few, not announcing the ones I want....
    Hoping for more newies or less seen. Come on let's have Bernard Horsfall, Topol, Douglas Wilmer, Nadim Sawalha
    edited April 2010
    Sebastien Foucan! Fantastic. Very pleased with this addition. I was planning on making the effort of meeting him myself as he's been visiting the UK recently (opening a centre and sports relief). Ticket booked for Saturday to see Jesper and Sebastien
    Richard LeParmentier - aide to the U.S. General in Octopussy, just added to the line up.
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    Sir Roger Moore will now be attending FanFest on Staurday 24th as regrettably Sir Christopher Lee is unable to attend to recieve his Cinema Retro lifetime achievement award - Roger Moore will be collecting it on his behalf - he will also take part in a brief Q&A session to discuss his career as James Bond.
    Can't wait to go - as much as I wanted to see Christopher Lee, I'm probably more interested in seeing Roger Moore.

Full article on Mi6: http://www.mi6.co.uk/news/index.php?itemid=8492&t=mi6&s=news
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
    Sir Roger is not attending FanFest, just the award ceremony in the evening, so won't be signing autographs or meeting the public.
    Just read this announcement after SC007's post - pity Christopher can't make it now, but hey, cool substitute in the name of Roger! B-)

Met Roger at his booksigning at the National Theatre in 2008 and have to say he was a real gentleman and very witty/good sense of humour.
    Jack Klaff has now been announced.
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    Could anyone give me a guide price on what to expect as a stars fee for their autograph?
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • www.bondstars.comwww.bondstars.com Pinewood Studios, LondonPosts: 373Chief of Staff
    Majority will be £15, George Lazenby, Jesper Christensen and Sebastien Foucan will be £20
    www.bondstars.com - The stars' official online autograph store
    www.allstarautographs.co.uk - Autographs, Private Signings & Events
    www.honorblackman.co.uk - Official Honor Blackman website
    They were between £15 - £20 per signature.
  • UpyJediUpyJedi London,UKPosts: 126MI6 Agent
    So who went? I got to shake hands with George Lazenby and went to the Roger Moore talk, who was fantastic!!! Brilliant day!:)
    Had a fantastic day. Had some great chats with many there. Bondstars MUST do it again.
    Had a great day too, had long chats with some guests and got loads of photos signed.

Also got to shake George Lazenbys hand, Richard Kiel and a few others.

-{
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Any pictures or videos?