Those 'classical' moments in Bond

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,290MI6 Agent
Does anyone know the exact recordings where Drax playing the piano (I think it's Mozart) at the Vaux Le Vicompte, or the opera bit to the gondola hovercraft scene, or the orchestral accompaniement to the blonde woman shark death in Stromberg's pool?

They would work well in a Bond compilation. :)
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,385Chief of Staff
    Drax is playing Chopin, or at least Michel Lonsdale is supposed to be playing Chopin!

Have a look at http://www.naxos.com/musicinmovies.asp?letter=M and see if the info here helps.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,290MI6 Agent
    -{ Thanks Barbel! I take it when you click on the title, it brings up the exact recording used in the film? Sadly, the Chopin isn't available through that site, so I can't tell which version was used. I'd forgot about the opera used when Chang snuffs it at last, but these moments add even more class along with Barry's recordings to make Moonraker highly enjoyable.

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • thenoisydrumthenoisydrum Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know the exact recordings where Drax playing the piano (I think it's Mozart) at the Vaux Le Vicompte, or the opera bit to the gondola hovercraft scene, or the orchestral accompaniement to the blonde woman shark death in Stromberg's pool?

They would work well in a Bond compilation. :)

Napoleon old boy, the piece you refer to when the unfortunate blonde meets her demise is taken from Air on a G string (not G-String, ahem) Orchestral Suite No 3, BMV1068. Most likely the 1977 version with Paul Tortelier as heard on this CD that I have.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sarabande-Favourities-Academy-Martin-Fields/dp/B00006J3LE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1269633007&sr=1-2

I recommend this to anyone as an introduction to Baroque music. A fantastic CD
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,290MI6 Agent
    Thanks noisydrum. Are you 'A Customer' then? :D I mean, that CD wouldn't be suitable for ANY music fan. What if you liked Slipnot, for instance? :))

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • thenoisydrumthenoisydrum Posts: 84MI6 Agent
    Only for fancy dress!