Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Worthington has very recently said that he didn't feel he was right for the part; I'm not ready to throw Craigger into the dustbin just yet; we'll have to see how the a******s at MGM handle their fiscal unraveling.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:

Please spare us! Sam W would be a disaster

Also isn't this indecently early for speculation?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,608Chief of Staff
    zaphod wrote:
    drum007 wrote:

Please spare us! Sam W would be a disaster

Also isn't this indecently early for speculation?

Way too early....I think this has just re-surfaced because Sam gave an interview recently about how he had a screen-test a few years ago - when Daniel Craig got the role. I don't think it's anything new at all.
    YNWA 97
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Worthington has very recently said that he didn't feel he was right for the part; I'm not ready to throw Craigger into the dustbin just yet; we'll have to see how the a******s at MGM handle their fiscal unraveling.

Not releasing Blood & Ashes through MGM then? :v
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com

LOL...right now MGM (apparently) can't release a toilet paper commercial...if they buy the rights to B&A, I'll go with it...but the check better clear B-)
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent

LOL...right now MGM (apparently) can't release a toilet paper commercial...if they buy the rights to B&A, I'll go with it...but the check better clear B-)
    MGM Presents, a Micheal Bay Production of a [insert MTV director's name here] Film of

TP

Starring:

lots and lots of explosions

things on fire

explosions

buildings blowing up

explosions within explosions

cleavage

and

explosions

Coming Summer 2012

Be There, Aloha
    There you go :D
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    Pure hogwash, Craig has all ready proved himself to fans and critics alike. Plus he really enjoys the perks that playing Bond brought to his career.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I have a feeling Sam Worthington will never happen, just like the Clive Owen rumour never happened. Gues we'll see though
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • AGettlerAGettler Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Haha... I hope it never happens.
  • NF2NF2 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    Sounds like rumour for rumours sake. Sam Worthington seems an OK action guy but he a) plays the same character in all of his movies and b) cannot play that character in anything other than an australian accent " G'day Bruce, the names Bond, James Bond ":))
  • TheScashManTheScashMan Posts: 111MI6 Agent
    Only Moore should play Bond. Period. Sam Worthington is a good actor but not suitable for Bond. Though if he wishes to be a secret agent on Pandora then I have no problem with that :))
    Only Moore should play Bond. Period. Sam Worthington is a good actor but not suitable for Bond. Though if he wishes to be a secret agent on Pandora then I have no problem with that :))

Though he's broken my heart (and those of countless others) with his departure, I'm buttressed with the knowledge that we will---at least---have the guidance of his past insights to help us center our collective Bond compass as we forge bravely onward.
  • youknowmynameyouknowmyname Gainesville, FL, USAPosts: 703MI6 Agent

Though he's broken my heart (and those of countless others) with his departure, I'm buttressed with the knowledge that we will---at least---have the guidance of his past insights to help us center our collective Bond compass as we forge bravely onward.

By saying that do you mean that we will always answer a question with either of these three responses:

1) Roger Moore

2) There is no debate about Roger Moore

3) Shocked and offended and/or hogwash
    "We have all the time in the world..."
    ...Yes. Something like that B-) Plus cringeworthy, disgusted, et. al.

Perhaps independent thought is overrated, after all -{
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Please, no!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I find this kind of speculation hilarious, and equally disappointing. The Bond franchise is the only one where everyone in the media is so obsessed with guessing (usually completely way off the mark too) about who the next Bond is going to be, they fail to pay decent attention to the current one!

The papers / entertainment tv shows do this kind of thing cause everyone is interested in Bond to a varying degree, so it brings their paper / programme some unworthy attention by saying these things.

As for Bond being on hold, its true of all MGM related projects. (I am thinking specifically the Stargate DVD film projects.) Its too early to speculate about what will happen. EON know they have a bankable star in Craig, and he knows he has a good thing in playing Bond.

We all just need to be patient for now.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • bondfanbondfan Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    I think EON will stick with Craig as long as possible. Craig will do 2 more I think for sure. Hopefully Worthington is a "NO Way!" ....I don't like him....... I do don't know why EON ca't get going on the next one now, even without MGM's help....hell, don't all the brand's pay for the filming costs anyway. Perhaps Pepsi can put their logo on the Aston Martin next go-around! LoL
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent
    I think my wish list for Bond looks like this:

1) Daniel Craig

2) Michael Fassbender

3) Henry Cavill