Time For Felix To Kick Some Butt!

shaken66shaken66 california usaPosts: 155MI6 Agent
Just watched QoS of the umpteenth time, and it's time for Felix to take more action than just downing a brew while the bullets are flying. I know I'm speaking as a colonist, and the majority of CIA agents may be lame in real life, but Jeffrey Wright is one cool dude and I think can handle himself pretty well, so how about turning him loose in 23? :v
"How did he die?"
"Your contact?" "Not well."

Comments

• bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    For it! {[]
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Actually, my objection to Wright is that he plays Felix as largely humorless and dour. As described in the books, Felix has a sense of humor and is easy-going. Lighten up, Jeff!

By the way, since the topic really relates to how Felix should be played in the future, I moved it out of the QoS forum.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Actually, my objection to Wright is that he plays Felix as largely humorless and dour. As described in the books, Felix has a sense of humor and is easy-going. Lighten up, Jeff!

By the way, since the topic really relates to how Felix should be played in the future, I moved it out of the QoS forum.

I'm with you there, Hardy! Now that he's been promoted, maybe he can loosen up a bit. Be a nice compliment to a fully-developed, less angst-ridden Bond, as well...I really think that's what's called for in #23 :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Willie GarvinWillie Garvin Posts: 1,412MI6 Agent
    I agee and hope it happens.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Especially as Craig was a bit dour in QoS, like the Bond of the books, where Felix was needed to lighten things up a bit. That said, I think they're trying to avoid the thing where it's not Bond making the jokes but his sidekick, it makes Bond look not just dour but dull too. Like, let's follow the other guy instead, he's more fun.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    The problem is there is no chemistry between Craig and Wright.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • 72897289 Beau DesertPosts: 1,691MI6 Agent
    The one objection I always had to the Leiter charecter in the films is that no one actor played him twice. This ruined the continuity in some of the early films.

While I always felt Van Nutter captured the Felix look the best, none of the Leiters really were able to make anything special of the role.

Wright's Leiter, like the others is under-used. I don't mind his "dour" attitude. After all I have worked with guys like Greg Beam - and I used to look pretty sour too!

So I vote to keep Wright, and just remember as he put it in QOS "you don't know me that well".

What we really need are better writers. EON needs to drop the P&W team! Or they could try to base a film on one of the novels .......without shredding it first.
    Hesison was Leltx twoce--once wilh Moore and later with Danton.
    Hesison was Leltx twoce--once wilh Moore and later with Danton.

Right!.........you feeling OK Willie?
    I am fine.I had two small strokes lasr year. As a result I didnt type turing that and it shot s.I wll get better.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Great to see you online, Mr. Garvin {[] Take care of yourself.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM