In what year was the Novel Bond Born?

perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
When was the James Bond of the original Ian Fleming novels born? I find it hard to imagine he was born after 1920. I am inclined to believe it was sometime between 1916 and 1918.

any thoughts. There only clues. We know From Russia with Love takes place in 1954 and the moonraker incident takes place three years before that.

Moonraker we know that he is 7 years from retirement, so we at the time of Moonraker he is 35. My guess he was born in 1916.
"And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff
    Bond's birthyear has never been accurately dated....if you read Fleming's books and try and work out a year...well...all you will get is a headache :))

Best guess.....?....

11th November 1920.
    YNWA 97
  • perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Bond's birthyear has never been accurately dated....if you read Fleming's books and try and work out a year...well...all you will get is a headache :))

Best guess.....?....

11th November 1920.

I have never understood where 11/11 comes into this.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
    perdogg wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Best guess.....?....

11th November 1920.

It's the supposed birthdate given by John Pearson in his authorised biography...if you haven't read it...and I assume you haven't.....then get it...it's a great read -{

It tells us that Bond was born in Wattenschied, Germany !
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    perdogg wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Best guess.....?....

11th November 1920.

It's the supposed birthdate given by John Pearson in his authorised biography...if you haven't read it...and I assume you haven't.....then get it...it's a great read -{

Thank you!
    Sir Miles wrote:
    perdogg wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Best guess.....?....

11th November 1920.

Ordered it this past weekend!
    perdogg wrote:
    Ordered it this past weekend!

Good....I'm certain you will enjoy it -{
    YNWA 97
  • Mr. Arlington BeechMr. Arlington Beech Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Best guess.....?....

11th November 1920.

true

apprx. 1922

in YOLT, Goodnight's (or possibly M's it's a little confusing) obituary for Bond said he claimed he was 19 in 1941

other info

parents died - appx. 1933 (she said they died when he was 11)

1954 awarded Order of St. Michael and St. George, companion

Married to Tracy in January 1962