Fate of Maria Freudenstein

Obviously one of the key antagonists in The Property Of A Lady, but I have read a couple of places that it's mentioned in The Man With The Golden Gun what actually happened to her.

I don't own a copy of the latter book but I don't recall it from when I read it (admittedly a few years ago). Can anyone enlighten me?

Comments

• perdoggperdogg Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Caesar wrote:
    Obviously one of the key antagonists in The Property Of A Lady, but I have read a couple of places that it's mentioned in The Man With The Golden Gun what actually happened to her.

I don't own a copy of the latter book but I don't recall it from when I read it (admittedly a few years ago). Can anyone enlighten me?

*******Spolier*******

All we know is that she was dealt with, a euphony for dead. I wonder if Fleming had other plans for her in a full novel. It is a shame.
    "And if I told you that I'm from the Ministry of Defence?" James Bond - The Property of a Lady
  • Ricardo C.Ricardo C. Posts: 916MI6 Agent
    Fleming sometimes had a nasty habit of not tying up loose ends. Rosa Klebb's death was merely glanced over and Irma Bunt, not counting Raymond Benson's sequel, was never found.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    Caesar wrote:

From TMWTGGun book. Interrogator-"Who was a Miss Maria Freudenstadt?
    Bond-"Was?" Int- "Yes, she's dead."

Bond - "Thought she wouldn't last long. She was a double, working for K.G.B. Section 100 controlled her.
    I wouldn't get any thanks for telling you any more."

Bleuville.