Bond 23 name

2»

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    :))
    Mr Beech wrote:
    77007 wrote:
    I hope it's a good one. I think there's a reason Risisisisico or Property of Lady haven't been used. They aren't great titles. No need to force some goofy Fleming title just because.

Yeah. I can just see a ton of American guys goofing around about The Property of A Lady being virginity or certain unmentionables. Risico is decent, but it has to be explained for most.

I agree, neither are going to slip right into the poster without questions and pokes of fun.

Just like they did in 1983 when Octopussy came out, perhaps?
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    xboy614 wrote:
    What should the name be? Risico, a propety of a lady?

I like both.

My only condition is that it has to be a Fleming title. Anyway, who says the title needs to be explained? Bond fans familiar with Fleming's short stories will know what it means.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    xboy614 wrote:
    What should the name be? Risico, a propety of a lady?

I like both.

My only condition is that it has to be a Fleming title. Anyway, who says the title needs to be explained? Bond fans familiar with Fleming's short stories will know what it means.

The movie series has spread farther than the books. Not a single person I knew in real life understood what Quantum of Solace was when that title was announced for 22.
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    The movie series has spread farther than the books. Not a single person I knew in real life understood what Quantum of Solace was when that title was announced for 22.

Is someone likely to not see a film because it has a title they don't understand?

My point is that Bond 23 is a Bond film - and as such it should have a 'Bond' title. There are still a few unused titles among the Fleming short story range, so why not pick from those? Ok, maybe not The Hildebrand Rarity, but Risico and The Property of a Lady are both good titles for a film, in my opinion.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
  • Thomas-CrownThomas-Crown London, KnightsbridgePosts: 156MI6 Agent
    I personally like Property Of A Lady, it has certain ring to it and fits in well to Criag's Bond film.
    Never theorize before you have data. Invariably, you end up twisting facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.
    Mr Beech wrote:

Is someone likely to not see a film because it has a title they don't understand?

My point is that Bond 23 is a Bond film - and as such it should have a 'Bond' title. There are still a few unused titles among the Fleming short story range, so why not pick from those? Ok, maybe not The Hildebrand Rarity, but Risico and The Property of a Lady are both good titles for a film, in my opinion.

I think your point is good, but I did indeed hear a couple of conversations that criticized the title and led to a conclusion of, What's up with the title, seriously? It sounds bad, not worth going. I would hope they got over it and did see it, but they bashed it as an indicator of saying it was not worth seeing.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,620Chief of Staff
    Mr Beech wrote:
    Mr Beech wrote:

I think your point is good, but I did indeed hear a couple of conversations that criticized the title and led to a conclusion of, What's up with the title, seriously? It sounds bad, not worth going. I would hope they got over it and did see it, but they bashed it as an indicator of saying it was not worth seeing.

Really ? You heard people say they wouldn't go to a movie JUST because of the title ??? Some people really are moronic !
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    if the film was called, " the jedward story" I for one would not watch it because of its title. the same goes for.

The Simon Cowell adventure
    The secret life of, Justin Bieber
    Carmen Electra, the unknown years
    Tony Blair, Peacemaker
    and the epic,
    Science and all that stuff explained, The hidden depths of Paris Hilton.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I don't know why they don't just take the first part of a Bond film Thunderball let's say. and the last part of another Bond film Octopussy perhaps. and come up with a really Beautiful name. :v
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • pyratpyrat Posts: 260MI6 Agent
    Now there's a thought!!! :))
    Pyrat
    Reflections in a double bourbon...
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Mr Beech wrote:

Really ? You heard people say they wouldn't go to a movie JUST because of the title ??? Some people really are moronic !

One of the conversations was between English teachers that I expected to go into a little more depth about reasons to not see the film, but no. Just bashed the title. I agree that it is a moronic reason, but it makes me want a title that can resist them and their criticism next time!
  • 007007 ClassifiedPosts: 372MI6 Agent
    if the film was called, " the jedward story" I for one would not watch it because of its title. the same goes for.

Tony Blair, Peacemaker
    and the epic,

One of the films you mention has already been made under a different name - '...The hidden depths of Paris Hilton' - it's called 'One Night In Paris'.

I'm intrigued by 'Carmen Electra, the unknown years' too...that could be interesting no?
    Things I hate:
    1. People who hate things.
    2. Irony.
    3. Lists.
    I remember being told of the Poster for House of wax, Which had Paris's face turned to the viewer covered in a sticky mess, To which I replied I'd already seen that video she made. :))
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    dickiebart wrote:
    PrOperty O
    Of a Lady RisicO
    7Ҭ 7Ҭ

They both fit the Craig era double-O's through the title.

I want Bond 23 to be"Property of a Lady". I like your design.

Tony Blair, Peacemaker
    and the epic,

Yes...but they ALL mention the subject of the movie in the title....QoS does not....come on, man....keep up 8-)

:p
    YNWA 97
    Mr Beech wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Mr Beech wrote:

One of the conversations was between English teachers that I expected to go into a little more depth about reasons to not see the film, but no. Just bashed the title. I agree that it is a moronic reason, but it makes me want a title that can resist them and their criticism next time!

Well that probably explains a lot about English teaching then ! Obviously had them reaching for the dictionary...

And I really wouldn't bother about idiots like that....
    YNWA 97
    I find not understanding the title Quantum of solace,to be .......................... Small comfort. :))
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    Not watching QoS because the title sounded bad wasn't such a stupid decision after all ... Wish I'd done the same. Those teachers won the lottery.
    I wonder if the two syllable " Skyfall" could turn out to be an Operational cypher for "Blofeld" :v
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Isn't this thread a bit redundant now..... ???

Mods.... stop slacking! :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Lexi wrote:

You'd better smile when you say that! Let's just wait until Skylab or Freefall or whatever it's called is confirmed before we close this very speculative thread!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

You'd better smile when you say that! Let's just wait until Skylab or Freefall or whatever it's called is confirmed before we close this very speculative thread!

Not just smiling, Laughing..... but in just in case :D :D :D !!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Mr Beech wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Well that probably explains a lot about English teaching then ! Obviously had them reaching for the dictionary...

And I really wouldn't bother about idiots like that....

Heh. Didn't know they were idiots like that until they ended the conversation so abruptly. I still have plenty of respect for the one I knew better. It is a very high ranking school, but it isn't without its oddities.