Release date is Nov. 9 2012

2»

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Not only will there be some cast news and leaks etc -no doubt an official site will keeping us informed too with teasers and blogs I for one am now slightly happier now than I was this morning! :D

And...official merchandising and product placements etc!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Very good article here about Sam Mendes directing Bond 23 -

"So imagining that Mendes will somehow attempt to turn Bond into Revolutionary Road II or The Cherry Orchard: Dawn Inferno is a mug’s game. He won’t be allowed."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/jamesbond/8255072/Sam-Mendes-may-have-problems-directing-new-Bond-movie.html
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Just read the article. It's ok......I've read much more interesting posts on the AJB. I think the author tends to pigeonhole Bond fans. If he actually checked out AJB he'd have seen the vast diversity of opinions regarding the Bond films. As far as Mendes as director is concerned, while we only have his past body of work to judge him by (along with EON's track record) who knows? Maybe he's a fanboy chomping at the bit to do a "proper" (whatever that is) Bond film as an enjoyable respite from his usual "heavier" fare.
  • darenhatdarenhat The Old PuebloPosts: 2,029Quartermasters
    Good news on the date. Although I think everyone here was expecting a November '12 Bond, it certainly is nice to hear an 'offical' announcement.

I agree with HowardB that the article adds nothing new to what has been discussed on AJB before. Not to worried about Mendes as a director...I think his resume' is a bit stronger than Forster's in regard to action, and I think QOS got enough negative attention to maybe steer Eon from heading too deeply in Bourne territory again.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    Well that's an important point. Who will be second unit director, and who the cinematographer. I mean, these are often as important, or nearly as, as the director, esp with the Bourne second uniter on QoS. Will he be back I wonder (I doubt it).
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Mendes is British and of an age where he at least should have a good understanding of the Bond canon and it's place and importance in cinema history and culture...I'm sure he is also aware of some of the critism that has been leveled at Forster and QOS so I would doubt he wants to be remembered as the man who mucked up James Bond.
  • agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    edited January 2011
    FINALLY!!!! Countdown has started again :D {[]
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Mendes is British and of an age where he at least should have a good understanding of the Bond canon and it's place and importance in cinema history and culture...I'm sure he is also aware of some of the critism that has been leveled at Forster and QOS so I would doubt he wants to be remembered as the man who mucked up James Bond.
    Wilson didn't care for the editing, however Forster was asked back to direct 23. I don't think Forster is seen by EON as a negative, in fact I think they liked his approach to the character and the world of Bond very much. Expect more of the same in 23, just with a different editor. -{
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I agree Blueman,I expect QOS 2,Much more of the same.I only hope they tone down some of the less pleasing elements ( to me at least ) the shaky camera work,a more substancial Villian. and a bigger Plot. At the moment I'm trying to remain Positive, Keeping my fingers crossed that some of the old Bond will be re-introduced.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    In some ways I think they were a bit hamstrung by making QOS a direct sequel to CR. Started off very good, had some excellent pieces but the film's failing was the rather weak plotline that developed just wasn't enough to hold things together. Setting 23 a few years forward from QOS would create much more flexibility to come up with a decent plotline along with a much more compelling villain and of course a chance for Craig to be a more fully realized Bond.
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    In some ways I think they were a bit hamstrung by making QOS a direct sequel to CR. Started off very good, had some excellent pieces but the film's failing was the rather weak plotline that developed just wasn't enough to hold things together. Setting 23 a few years forward from QOS would create much more flexibility to come up with a decent plotline along with a much more compelling villain and of course a chance for Craig to be a more fully realized Bond.
    Bet it's not a couple years later from QOS, more like a couple months. Just a hunch.
    I agree Blueman,I expect QOS 2,Much more of the same.I only hope they tone down some of the less pleasing elements ( to me at least ) the [less] shaky camera work,a more substancial Villian. and a bigger Plot. At the moment I'm trying to remain Positive, Keeping my fingers crossed that some of the old Bond will be re-introduced.
    I think you nailed it, TP. Something else I'm expecting in 23: a Fiona-type villainess! Craig so needs one.
  • BleuvilleBleuville Posts: 384MI6 Agent
    I know EON tend to hold things pretty close, but I guess we can expect to start see some real leaks soon in terms of cast, locations and even the title. A start date of November 2011 is not that far away when you think of all the work that must be completed before filming begins. Of course, we don't know how far along the script is. It could be almost finished, but even if it is there's the whole business of scouting locations in addition to casting plus building sets, choosing wardrobe, etc etc etc. A lot of people are going to be very busy...and that makes me very happy.

Look again-that's 9th Nov. 2012 nearly 2 years away. After the London Olympics and the next Batman and Spiderman films in summer 2012.

As for the title- "The Property of a Lady" has the 2 Os in the wording for the "007" across it like the previous DC films.
    Other titles are "Risico" and "The Hildebrand Rarity" which could be about something valuable, not necessarily a fish.
    but characters from those appeared in For Your Eyes Only film (1981).

Or they could make up a story and title preferably without the words "die" or "kill" in it !

There will be the usual Bond Girl casting rumours (plugged by their agents of models and starlets) but
    until you hear it officially from Eon Productions don't believe a word !

Bleuville. "... The PM wants to be informed personally when we find double-O-seven. "
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    I believe he means a start date of shooting / poduction not the actual release date!! Hence this year we should hear rumours of locations, casting and wardrobe etc.
    Bleuville wrote:
    I know EON tend to hold things pretty close, but I guess we can expect to start see some real leaks soon in terms of cast, locations and even the title. A start date of November 2011 is not that far away when you think of all the work that must be completed before filming begins. Of course, we don't know how far along the script is. It could be almost finished, but even if it is there's the whole business of scouting locations in addition to casting plus building sets, choosing wardrobe, etc etc etc. A lot of people are going to be very busy...and that makes me very happy.

Look again-that's 9th Nov. 2012 nearly 2 years away. After the London Olympics and the next Batman and Spiderman films in summer 2012.

As for the title- "The Property of a Lady" has the 2 Os in the wording for the "007" across it like the previous DC films.
    Other titles are "Risico" and "The Hildebrand Rarity" which could be about something valuable, not necessarily a fish.
    but characters from those appeared in For Your Eyes Only film (1981).

Or they could make up a story and title preferably without the words "die" or "kill" in it !

There will be the usual Bond Girl casting rumours (plugged by their agents of models and starlets) but
    until you hear it officially from Eon Productions don't believe a word !

Bleuville. "... The PM wants to be informed personally when we find double-O-seven. "
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    As Mendes is directing and some other luvvie is also getting a part in it we will probaly get some deep arty Bond on leave in vienna with an old school friend[with a teddy bear fixation] type of film for 23.
    So howabout this for the title A Room With A View To A Kill.
    Great Post superdaddy :)) But with the producers now going for Big name directors and apparently giving them much more control over the project ( Forester seemed to be able to do what he wanted and get who he wanted, with no interference from them) as opposed to the old days when directors where being told "you can't do that" or "Bond wouldn't do that" ( which is stated in many refrence books on the subject). So from here on Each new Director can put his own stamp on THEIR movie,with as many Shaky camera movments, Metaphors,and symbolism. Some might enjoy this as every Movie will look different,As by all reports M Forester was asked Back to direct Bond 23.So it would seem QOS is the Blueprint for the future Series.
    As I stated in my last post,I can go along with this new Direction IF they would introduce some of the more traditional elements from the old series.But as Others have said looking at their chosen Director and the way the Cast seems to be filling out.I too expect a Luvvies Bond. Mabey they Get J Ivory to Direct the Next one :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Interesting re Forester being asked back by EON....never really saw anthing to that effect myself, but if it was reported in the British tabs it must be true lol. Even if EON really wanted nothing to do again with Forester, they would never make it public. Only thing I ever actually read was that Forester was not interested in doing another (which may be the film biz version of finding out your girlfriend is gonna dump you and you dump her first to save face). Anyway just idle chatter from one at home sick and bored. Mendes is at the helm now.....hoping for the best.
    I do admit given the choice between Forester or Mendes, I'd take Mendes as He's British and hopefully will have some idea of what Bond is about.
    Hope you're Better soon -{
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,258MI6 Agent
    Coming a bit late to the party, this news hardly surprised me at all. I remember some time ago when Brocolli and Wilson were pussy-footing around and talking about making a non-Bond vehicle that I thoght 2012 would be the release date. It was such an obvious anniversary year, that, in terms of marketing, Eon simply wouldn't be able to miss it. I'm quite glad it's all settled, but I don't hold my breath for a fantastic end product. They botched the 20th episode / 40th anniversary film, and the fact they don't even have a title yet is a bad piece of planning all round. Hope it at least uses one of the three remaining Fleming titles.
    Thunderpussy said: Re: Release date is Nov. 9 2012I do admit given the choice between Forester or Mendes, I'd take Mendes as He's British and hopefully will have some idea of what Bond is about.
    Hope you're Better soon

Thanks for the get well wish. Feeling much better now. Kidney stones, very painfull little buggers....think of the torture scene in CR (I'm not kidding) only in the back and abdomen. And Thunderpussy and I actually agree on something now.
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    chrisno1 wrote:
    They botched the 20th episode / 40th anniversary film, and the fact they don't even have a title yet is a bad piece of planning all round. Hope it at least uses one of the three remaining Fleming titles.

Maybe they do have the title, they just wanna hold back on it in case a) Some other B-film nicks it or puts a spin on it or b) It may suddenly date, may as well leave it to last minute to announce it to save changing it again.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I can't imagine---don't want to imagine---that they don't have the title yet. I guess it's possible...but I'm guessing they have a script that's being polished at ths point by the new writer in the mix. It would be nice to get some news like this...but they never seem in a hurry to put it out there. NP's right---they're hedging their bets.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent

Maybe they do have the title, they just wanna hold back on it in case a) Some other B-film nicks it or puts a spin on it or b) It may suddenly date, may as well leave it to last minute to announce it to save changing it again.
    I can't imagine---don't want to imagine---that they don't have the title yet. I guess it's possible...but I'm guessing they have a script that's being polished at ths point by the new writer in the mix. It would be nice to get some news like this...but they never seem in a hurry to put it out there. NP's right---they're hedging their bets.

.....and giving us endless pages to discuss it :)) -{

I like the fact that there is speculation.... and no title yet. It keeps us guessing.... and surely that can only be a good thing!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Mister WhiteMister White The NetherlandsPosts: 814MI6 Agent
    When I found out, all I thought was:

Wheeeeeeeeeeee! :)
    "Christ, I miss the Cold War."