If you had to chose Daniel Craig's successor for Bond 23

2»

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    OK, it seems you are right. But I think my point remains. The Millenium trillogy, "Cowboys and indians" and The Dark Matter are not established franchises like Bond, Indiana Jones, Batman, Superman and even Jason Bourne. The od man out is Harrison Ford who has been in Star Wars, some Jack Ryan and Indiana Jones. Perhaps he is the exeption that proves the rule ...?

Well, I think the Millenium trilogy could be a big thing. They are VERY successful movies in Sweden, even here - considering it's subtitled....so don't be surprised if it becomes a very successful franchise. Especially as there is a rumoured 4th book....

And it's "Cowboys and Aliens....." boys.... really :))

However, I don't think the Golden Compass trilogy is going to happen. Shame, as it could have been a fantastic opportunity - but it just got so critisied as it's 'against the church' and it's really taken a back seat.... if not forgotten altogether.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    OK, it seems you are right. But I think my point remains. The Millenium trillogy, "Cowboys and indians" and The Dark Matter are not established franchises like Bond, Indiana Jones, Batman, Superman and even Jason Bourne. The od man out is Harrison Ford who has been in Star Wars, some Jack Ryan and Indiana Jones. Perhaps he is the exeption that proves the rule ...?

Well, I think the Millenium trilogy could be a big thing. They are VERY successful movies in Sweden, even here - considering it's subtitled....so don't be surprised if it becomes a very successful franchise. Especially as there is a rumoured 4th book....

However, I don't think the Golden Compass trilogy is going to happen. Shame, as it could have been a fantastic opportunity - but it just got so critisied as it's 'against the church' and it's really taken a back seat.... if not forgotten altogether.
    I did say Cowboys and aliens its Number24 who got it wrong and I agree I rather liked Golden Compass,the young girl Dakota something or another is currently starring in the tv series Skins and my son was an extra in it,said she was really nice to work with.
    superdaddy wrote:
    I did say Cowboys and aliens its Number24 who got it wrong and I agree I rather liked Golden Compass,the young girl Dakota something or another is currently starring in the tv series Skins and my son was an extra in it,said she was really nice to work with.

Interesting - although I do think the role was too big for her (Dakota Blue is her name) .....she was a complete unkown, and I don't think she was quite experienced enough - I mean acting in that kind of movie is one thing, but acting with all that CGI takes quite another style of actress.

Perhaps skins will help her along, but she won't be cast in any sequels, as she will be far too old.... missed oppotunity there :#

Now, her namesake Dakota Fanning - she was/is amazing..... too old now of course - but her acting was the type needed for that role....
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • GlennSavage007GlennSavage007 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I believe that it has been announced that Bond 23 will be Daniel Craig's last appearance as Bond. And this may be a call from the back of beyond but I really think that Christian Bale, who is British, the right age group and is the actor that brings relative realism to any part he plays would be a fantastic Bond at least for the next few years after Daniel Craig. The only problem is he would have to give up the Batman role.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I doubt, that Bale will get the role for 3 reasons:

1. He has a babyface imho
    2. Someone who played Spiderman, Batman or Superman (sorry, Henry Cavill) will not be cast as James Bond afterwards for several reasons
    3. Bale's personality is weird sometimes. I doubt, that the production companies will take the risk.

By the way, it's rumored, that Craig has a 4-movie contract, not 3.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    By the way, it's rumored, that Craig has a 4-movie contract, not 3.

I'm pretty sure it was a contract for 3 with an option for a fourth.....

But with the huge time delay - I will be suprised if he does a 4th - but you never know :D
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Christian Bale is a good actor (he is fantastic in "The Fighter") but he has a reputation as a major flake and can be very difficult to work with. I don't think EON would have any interest in someone with that type of reputation, especially considering how they like to be in control. I'm perfectly happy with Craig continuing as Bond until he ages out. IMO Craig is an excellent Bond...I worry more about EON dropping the ball but I just have a gut feeling that they may nail Bond 23. Also I get the feeling that Craig (barring 23 being a disaster) will be back for 24 based upon the new timeline for Bond films going forward put out by MGM which is back to every two years.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Idris Elba is a stellar actor and he would most definitely make a formidable foe for Bond. Bond 24, perhaps?
    Number24 wrote:
    ExpatJB wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    I think Idris Elba could be an exelent leading man in action movies as well as other genres. But I don't think should be black.
    For me, race isn't relevant to a Bond movie set in 2012, 2013, 2014+. I could certainly see a well booted, suited, and British accented Idris Elba playing a great, cool Bond and there being nothing unusual about that to my mind. It wouldn't raise a (Roger Moore) eyebrow for me in any way.

I can see if it was rebooted to 1960 that it would likely have to be a facet of the story all in itself, due to different attitudes back then. But aren't WE kind of past that by now? ?:)

Anyway, I'm not meaning to derail this into a discussion on race. The good news is there is a 23! -{

True, the good and important thing is Bond 23. If Idris Elba becomes Bond I would support him and I would still be a Bond fan. I have beena fan of Elba since I saw the Wire, and I hope and believe he will become a star. But I still think of Bond as white, partly because Bond is from old Scotish and Swiss families and comes from that old upper class tradition with public schools etc. Race isn't the core of what Bond is, of cource, but I still would prefer him to be white.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I make-a mistake-a ....:s
    superdaddy wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    This is not a pro/anti Craig topic. We are discussing what happens after him.
    Didnt mean to cause offence.

No offence taken, none at all. :)
    I had humble pie for lunch yesterday .... ;%
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Craig's had a bit of work done, he could be Bond for another 8 or so years I reckon. If anything he looks more manly now that in CR. They could do another Bond just 2 years after the next one to make up for lost time.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Craig's had a bit of work done, he could be Bond for another 8 or so years I reckon. If anything he looks more manly now that in CR. They could do another Bond just 2 years after the next one to make up for lost time.
    Oh God please NO.
  • spy009spy009 Posts: 57MI6 Agent
    I just hope Craig dose more than Moore..
    edited February 2011
    superdaddy wrote:
    Oh God please NO.

Bond 23 is comming in 2012. After that they are planning to make one every two years.
  • DanjaqdvdDanjaqdvd Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    gerard_butler_pure_eye_candy.jpg

Gerard Butler. Right age and good all round actor and action figure.
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Danjaqdvd wrote:
    gerard_butler_pure_eye_candy.jpg

Gerard Butler. Right age and good all round actor and action figure.

GB Was I believe considered last time. He seems a bit 'thuggy' to me and lacking in class, but a good Action star and reasonable actor, but not for Bond in my view (dare I say not handsome enough?...)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    GB Was I believe considered last time. He seems a bit 'thuggy' to me and lacking in class, but a good Action star and reasonable actor, but not for Bond in my view (dare I say not handsome enough?...)
    To some of us You've just described D Craig :)) . Seemes if He got the Role we'd still be arguing. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    To some of us You've just described D Craig :)) . Seemes if He got the Role we'd still be arguing. :))

I did have my tounge a little in my cheek, and am aware of the irony...just think that now is a time for unity and not for opening old wounds. No harm in alluding to them though. I could have added a little old as well, but that might have opened another can of worms... :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "Opening cans of Worms is a national sport here in SPARTA !!!!" :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • SilentSpySilentSpy Private Exotic AreaPosts: 765MI6 Agent
    It will never happen but I think Michael Weatherly would be good playing the Moore/Brosnan style Bond. He would probably be able to do the tougher side too. But there is no way an American will play Bond.
    "Better late than never."
  • EFFEFF Posts: 1MI6 Agent

4: Richard Armitage - hes got the great classic Bond look and can do suave and sophisticated parts but isnt afraid to get his hands dirty and get stuck into the action and fighting scenes

Yea, Armitage would make a good Bond, I think. I would have liked to have seen Sean Bean play Bond, but he's getting a little bit too old for the part now.
  • InkedInked Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    What about Alex O'Loughlin? I think he could pull of Bond
    ehf208alex1_640x480.jpg
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I recently saw X-Men: First Class, and over and over again I found myself thinking that Michael Fassbender would make a terrific Bond. He'll probably be too old to take over after Craig, but I could definitely see him in the part.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,274MI6 Agent
    Inked wrote:
    What about Alex O'Loughlin? I think he could pull of Bond
    ehf208alex1_640x480.jpg

Maybe, but he could he play the role? :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    I recently saw X-Men: First Class, and over and over again I found myself thinking that Michael Fassbender would make a terrific Bond. He'll probably be too old to take over after Craig, but I could definitely see him in the part.
    I did exactly the same thing.
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.
    I think Michael Fassbender can be a very good James Bond. If Craig leaves Bond after Bond23 or 24 he will still be young enough.