Ralph Fiennes?

LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
Okay, I know that it's the season for rumours.... but what do people think about this?

Ralph Fiennes

...... anyone else heard this?
She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Now that the Javier Bardem story has gotten out, every British Tabloid is gonna have every actor who ever had a cup of tea with or was in the same country at the same time as Sam Mendes having a part in Bond 23. That being said, Ralph Fiennes would be great. Like Bardem he can play charming or incredibly evil very well.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Sorry, but I think Ralph is too "soft" to be convincing as Bond. Sort of like Roger Moore. After seeing Ralph Fiennes in "The Avengers" one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind was "I hope they never hand the Bond role to this guy!" My other thought was "What the hell is the REAL James Bond (Sean Connery) doing in this terrible movie?!!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Oops! I guess I should have read the article before I commented! I thought we were being asked what we thought of the idea of Fiennes as Bond. My apologies.
    Sorry, but I think Ralph is too "soft" to be convincing as Bond. Sort of like Roger Moore. After seeing Ralph Fiennes in "The Avengers" one of the first thoughts that crossed my mind was "I hope they never hand the Bond role to this guy!" My other thought was "What the hell is the REAL James Bond (Sean Connery) doing in this terrible movie?!!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Oops! I guess I should have read the article before I commented! I thought we were being asked what we thought of the idea of Fiennes as Bond. My apologies.

:)) don't worry, I'll forgive you :D

well, over at Commanderbond.net they are not giving this article here any credance.... and I guess that is why I'm asking what people think ..... still, it is interesting :v
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Sounds good to me. Get both Bardem and Fiennes in it!
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    I'd prefer Bardem than Fiennes.

Its strange we are hearing rumours about well known Hollywood actors, as opposed to the Broccolis going with relative unknowns for the last few Bonds.
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    I could see Fiennes as an intelligence officer gone rougue (aka Alec Trevellyan) in Goldeneye. Or a Quantum (if that's the route they're going again) backer/villian. He's a fine actor and a complex character would suit him very well.
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    edited March 2011
    From the other thread, to keep things current: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118034436
    :007)

And Latino Review is running with the story, saying both Fiennes and Bardem are signed. FWIW and LT is usually very accurate.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Why not get his Bro involved as well, after all Two Heads ( of quantum ) are better than One. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."