Jim Broadbent for Q

2»

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Leiter will hopefully be more effectively utilised as a confidante next time round...but I'd support Broadbent for Q. They ought/need to find a fresh dynamic to the Bond/Q relationship...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,287MI6 Agent
    I hate the whole Q thing. Let's face it, after GF it proved to be just comic relief and not right for Craig's Bond, unless you go with the view that Craig is like dour Dalton, and needs lightening up, but he's not that bad.

What's more, it rankles having an old guy as a technical boff in this day and age where computors are the thing, you can't imagine Broadbent could even fix up his DVD player. Neither could Desmond really, of course.

But having watched Dr No last night, I'd advocate reintroducing Major Boothroyd as the weapons master - according to Desmond he is not the Q character. Have Boothroyd a bit po faced, maybe a bit disturbingly nerdy but not intrinsically a comic character. With all the enthusiasm about Bond's latest gun on this site and others, it could work.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Might be the way to go -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM