If Dalton Wrote a Bond Novel

Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
Of all the Bond actors, Timothy Dalton has always struck me as the one most knowledgeable and respectful of Ian Fleming's work. He also comes across as literate and intelligent. This leads me to wonder… could he write a Bond novel?

I know, this idea sounds horribly gimmicky, like Connery playing a Bond villain or something. And I hate gimmicks. But I do wonder what a Dalton-scribed 007 novel would be like. Having played the character on film, I think he might bring interesting insights to the book Bond.

Of course, it may be that Timothy Dalton is an incompetent writer. Well, that didn't stop Raymond Benson, did it?

I can't really imagine this actually happening, but I find it interesting to contemplate.
—Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
Agent In Training

Comments

• dlb007dlb007 Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    That actually is an interesting point. From what I recall, Dalton was one of the few actors that really dove into the Fleming novels, rereading them to get a better reference point for the character he would portray. However, that in no way makes him qualified to write a Bond novel, but then again, as you pointed out, neither was Benson. It would be a bit gimmicky to have him write a novel, and if it was really awful (which I assume it would be) then that could mean the end of the Bond novel as we know it. I'd prefer to let writer's write and actor's act.

. . . a horrible image just came to mind . . . Craig leaving Bond 23 and being replaced . . . . . . .

Bond 23 . . . . starring Raymond Benson as James Bond :o