Here's a little young, but I wouldn't mind Benedict Cumberbatch as Q

Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
In the Craig universe he could be more of the "boy genius" version -- I am enjoying him as Sherlock Holmes more than I expected I would.

Comments

• Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Not Q. But according to the Express, Benedict Cumberbatch is expected to lock horns with Daniel Craig in Bond 24 by starring as the next villain. He is considered perfect Bond villain material.

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH SET TO BE NEXT BOND BADDIE
    http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/347928/Benedict-Cumberbatch-set-to-be-next-Bond-baddie
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    We have a new Q, so Not for Q But I think he'd make a great villain. :D
    Love him as Sherlock Holmes. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    More tabloid crap, this time from one of the nastiest UK rags.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    Not Q. But according to the Express, Benedict Cumberbatch is expected to lock horns with Daniel Craig in Bond 24 by starring as the next villain. He is considered perfect Bond villain material.

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH SET TO BE NEXT BOND BADDIE
    http://www.express.co.uk/features/view/347928/Benedict-Cumberbatch-set-to-be-next-Bond-baddie

Shame, if true.

It would obviously rule Cumberbatch out as the next Bond and his public school louchness would hit a nice Flemingian nerve not yet touched on - ex-public schoolboy as Government psychopath.

Gentleman learns how to become a killer, rather than the other way round. Perfect contrast to Craig - which the next Bond WILL have to be.
  • Agent007jamestAgent007jamest usaPosts: 163MI6 Agent
    Cumberbatch is a fantastic actor & Sherlock is the best show on TV in any country!
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    Cumberbatch is a fantastic actor & Sherlock is the best show on TV in any country!

Both true. He would make a fantastic Bond villain.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    If there was a Like button on this site, then this would get it. Benedict for Villian indeed!

Quite inspired - and Sherlock is fantastic, but then the writing had a lot to do with it. -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I love Sherlock, a truly great spin on some classic books. I am also a great admirer of Cumberbatch and heartily agree that he would be a superb villain, however...I would be surprised if enough progress has been made on Bond 24 yet that they're already casting and given the generally questionable reliability of the Express, I'm certainly not holding my breath that there's much fact to this story. The final thought that occurs to me is that Cumberbatch recently launched an absolutely scathing attack on 'Downton Abbey' while praising his upcoming 'Parade's End.' DA might not be everyone's cup of tea but to launch such an attack publicly (he called it "sentimental, cliched and f***ing atrocious") panged of a bit of elitism to me. So, would an Old Harrovian thespian like Cumberbatch who freely admits despising DA really be willing to appear in a Bond film?
  • GordoLeiterGordoLeiter Posts: 462MI6 Agent
    Woohoo Q becoming a villain, way to deviate from the source material again
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,676Chief of Staff

Pardon ?:)
    YNWA 97

Sorry, did I miss something? I don't think anyone has suggested that the character of Q becomes a villain, rather that someone suggested that the actor Benedict Cumberbatch would make a great Q...and then a tabloid report that the same actor is slated to be a Bond villain.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    I love Sherlock, a truly great spin on some classic books. I am also a great admirer of Cumberbatch and heartily agree that he would be a superb villain, however...I would be surprised if enough progress has been made on Bond 24 yet that they're already casting and given the generally questionable reliability of the Express, I'm certainly not holding my breath that there's much fact to this story. The final thought that occurs to me is that Cumberbatch recently launched an absolutely scathing attack on 'Downton Abbey' while praising his upcoming 'Parade's End.' DA might not be everyone's cup of tea but to launch such an attack publicly (he called it "sentimental, cliched and f***ing atrocious") panged of a bit of elitism to me. So, would an Old Harrovian thespian like Cumberbatch who freely admits despising DA really be willing to appear in a Bond film?

Well, yeah, sure, Cumberbatch is a typical, headfcuked actor.

Bangs on about being typecast as a toft... because he play toffs; went to Harrow and yet makes Trade Union speeches...in Islington!: slags Downton off as "atrocious" but appears in fukcing STAR TREK!!!

Yep. Typical, true to form, famous wealthy actor.
    Well, yeah, sure, Cumberbatch is a typical, headfcuked actor.

Bangs on about being typecast as a toft... because he play toffs; went to Harrow and yet makes Trade Union speeches...in Islington!: slags Downton off as "atrocious" but appears in fukcing STAR TREK!!!

Yep. Typical, true to form, famous wealthy actor.

Well, you summed that up quite succinctly Mr Schofield!