3rd Time Lucky?

Potentially Bond 23 will be a big sucess after the dip/disappointment of QOS after the superb CR.

Two previous sucessful 3rd Bond films have been Goldfinger with SC and The Spy Who Loved Me with RM.
The actors are by then used to making a Bond film and perhaps know all the production crew.
So they have more confidence, as they, by then ,know that they are popular with the public.

Combine this with a great storyline and interesting less well known actors and all the usual ingredients
it should be good. (Discuss?)

I also hope for more associated merchandise linked to the film, as there has not been much with DC's films so far.
e.g.- story trade photo cards of the film story. As well as lottery cards, beer cans etc..

Bleuville. "Blow up your pants!" Tiffany Case in Las Vegas-DAF.

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    QOS, while not quite up to the box office of CR, was still a big financial success. As far as how good a Bond film it was, IMO it was decent, but not nearly up to the high standards set by CR (IMO the best Bond film since OHMSS). As far as Bond 23 is concerned there are a couple ways to look at it: 23 could be another QOS as EON is comfortable with the film itself and even if they weren't it did make lots of money anyway.....or EON believes that they could get away with something a bit subpar once but another one could result in a much more lukewarm response at the boxoffice. There is alot riding on Bond 23 (and the Hobbit) as the two 5000 lb elephants in the room that the newly reconstituted MGM is relying on to restore them financially so I would imagine the pressure is on for EON to deliver and deliver big. I'd like to think that EON can be honest and self critical enough to not repeat the shortcomings of QOS. I'd like to believe they were more careful in choosing a director this time around (my gut feeling is that Mendes may "get" Bond and the iconic nature of the films and charactor) and if they are looking for actors of the level of Javier Bardem they certainly are interested in amping up the "villainy".