Photos of active members here on AJB

Comments

• superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    I always liked Cassie O'Royale myself. (Sorry!)

Superdaddy, you have a lovely family.

As an aside "Irina" was the character played by Minnie Driver in Goldeneye.
    Thank you and hey Iam from Bristol as well.
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    edited March 2011
    Though I would really like to post a photo as suggested, I'm not comfortable with it because I've worked in the security industry for many years and know people involved in internet security, and from all that I've learned over the years is that one takes big risks in doing so. That said, it is nice to put a face to members.

In the issue discussed with Blackleiter's post, I would like to add that I personally agree with him. Race only becomes an issue when someone makes it so and when it comes to cultural icons - fictional or real, no matter what race or from what culture, people identify with them because of what they accomplish - not who they are. I have had and have friends from different races and cultures and all of them were or are fans of Bond, Sherlock Holmes, Superman, Batman, Indiana Jones, etc. We should all celebrate our shared interests (in this case Bond) and look past any other differences we have in this regard. Again, thanks for posting your pic Blackleiter - you've got a winning smile (and obviously good taste in attire). Look forward to future posts from you!
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Thank you, Commander! You are very kind! And take heed, fellow Bond fan - you will see more posts from me, as I thoroughly enjoy talking about Bond. I look forward to your posts as well.
    Though I would really like to post a photo as suggested, I'm not comfortable with it because I've worked in the security industry for many years and know people involved in internet security, and from all that I've learned over the years is that one takes big risks in doing so. That said, it is nice to put a face to members.

In the issue discussed with Blackleiter's post, I would like to add that I personally agree with him. Race only becomes an issue when someone makes it so and when it comes to cultural icons - fictional or real, no matter what race or from what culture, people identify with them because of what they accomplish - not who they are. I have had and have friends from different races and cultures and all of them were or are fans of Bond, Sherlock Holmes, Superman, Batman, Indian Jones, etc. We should all celebrate our shared interests (in this case Bond) and look past any other differences we have in this regard. Again, thanks for posting your pic Blackleiter - you've got a winning smile (and obviously good taste in attire). Look forward to future posts from you!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    But are you a fan of Midsomer Murders, blackleiter? :D

{:)

Indian Jones, CmdrAtticus? Now who's making race an issue? :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • little nellylittle nelly London, EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent

:))
    N O I N F O R M A T I O N I S U S E L E S S
    Midsomer Murders? Is that the show where the producer described the setting as the "last bastion of Englishness", and for that reason no minorities can be in it? If so, I've never seen the show, and I can't say if I would be a fan or not. Sounds rather limited to me.

Indian Jones, CmdrAtticus? Now who's making race an issue? :))
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    Yeah, it is, but it's Agatha Christie territory really. The way it is, if they had any token blacks in it it would look bad if they were either the murderers or the victims, it would turn it into Midsomer Burning, with Gene Hackman as DC Barnaby.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Should these type of posts be in the Off Topic area?
    Wow! It might not be your intention, but your comments really do come off as pretty narrow-minded. Are you sure that's the impression you want to give? Or maybe you are just trying to be funny and I'm not getting the joke. Either way, can we get back on topic and get some more photos in here?
    Yeah, it is, but it's Agatha Christie territory really. The way it is, if they had any token blacks in it it would look bad if they were either the murderers or the victims, it would turn it into Midsomer Burning, with Gene Hackman as DC Barnaby.
    edited May 2011
    This post is deleted.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I can't post my photo her Because "all women are fools and what makes them fools is the Great Beauty, Like what I has Got ! " Famous quote from one of Britains finest Playwrights. :v I have changed it slightly.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Terrific pic, Commander! But the photoshop doesn't quite work! Love the car, though.
    To get back to the topic of the post, I'm going to take my chances and post this recent photo of me in front of a Bentley R-Type Continental. It was at the Amelia Island Concours d'Elegance auto show last month. They also had several other Continentals as well as a 1928 Bentley 6½ Litre & Speed Six. Not the old 4.5 Litre Blower I had hoped to see..but close enough. It was amazing to be able to walk around the real thing.
    mecontb2.jpg
  • Ammo08Ammo08 Missouri, USAPosts: 387MI6 Agent
    Me in 2006 in an unknown location.

Terry_newspaper.jpg
    "I don't know if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or imbeciles who mean it."-Mark Twain
    'Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect.'- Benny Hill (1924-1992)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,584Chief of Staff
    I can't post my photo her Because "all women are fools and what makes them fools is the Great Beauty, Like what I has Got ! " Famous quote from one of Britains finest Playwrights. :v I have changed it slightly.

He certainly was ! And you really couldn't see the join :))
    YNWA 97
    or his short fat hairy legs. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    At_the_Door.jpg
    London calling
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex
    Thought this might be of interest It's from a wedding I shot a couple of years ago, As a treat for the groom the Bride had booked him "The James Bond Car " ( Me being a Bond Geek, Didn't point out that it's actually a DB6 ,Longer wheel base and not a DB5 ).
    4611458806_bc0094c813_o.jpg
    Sadly the Driver parked it to close to a Merc so I had to defocus the Background to try and make it stand out.
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Thought this might be of interest It's from a wedding I shot a couple of years ago, As a treat for the groom the Bride had booked him "The James Bond Car " ( Me being a Bond Geek, Didn't point out that it's actually a DB6 ,Longer wheel base and not a DB5 ).
    4611458806_bc0094c813_o.jpg
    Sadly the Driver parked it to close to a Merc so I had to defocus the Background to try and make it stand out.

Oh TP you're so negative!.....

Only a DB6..... 8-)

Only kidding old boy, brilliant pics and a bet they were so happy with their special day....

I prefer the front of the 6, it's the damn Kamm tail that spoils the car, at least relative to the db5, and you beautifully avoid the sight of the "tail"

Was it a vantage spec?
    It was a Beautiful car,( Not Vantage spec) but as a favour to the owner I did take a lot of shots with the car for his web page. I keep telling my self to slip on a tux and Photograph myself behind the wheel. well mabey someday if I have the Time. :))
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    My grandfather owned a DB6 for twenty years from new. I would get picked up from school once a month or so in "James Bond's" car, and nobody once questioned the model... :D
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
    You got picked up by your grandfather in a DB6 and he had a Model with him as well !, Me thinks you where a spoiled child.
    I on the other hand to get to school, had to walk Fourteen miles without shoes up cold cobbled streets, Just in time to turn round and walk home again. Only to have to lick the road clean as Supper. and crawl in to a cardboard box as my bed.
    And if you told young people that today they wouldn't believe you. :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,584Chief of Staff
    I on the other hand to get to school, had to walk Fourteen miles without shoes up cold cobbled streets, Just in time to turn round and walk home again. Only to have to lick the road clean as Supper. and crawl in to a cardboard box as my bed.

Sheer luxury...you had it easy ! :#

:))
    YNWA 97
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    You got picked up by your grandfather in a DB6 and he had a Model with him as well !, Me thinks you where a spoiled child.

At least you didn't have to walk uphill, both ways.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:

At least you didn't have to walk uphill, both ways.

Actually he did...

He lived on Escher St...

(sorry geeky joke....I'll shut up... )
  • Tokyo MattTokyo Matt Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    Ooooh...........I used to dream of having a cardboard box to sleep in.

You must have been one of those posh kids.
    The trouble with Escher St is it feels like your just going round the roundabouts. :))
    Tokyo Matt ;) :))

I like to look back at those spolied days. The life you discribe was mine once the family business went down the pan, the car eventually sold, the house repossessed and everything else sold to make the debts and the debtors who even took my bicycle as a fifteen year old (now I couldn't even do the fu**ing paper-round!) and everything else we owned except our beds and a sofa - which we had nowhere to put... :# Thank God for the army where I had a bed, a locker and a roof (most of the time) over my head. :D It was so bad for a while even the bast**d nco's called me "Oliver" because I was technically homeless so never went home on leave and always went up for more food. 8-)
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

Luckily life changed for me when I was discovered, I can't say too much but, I was the first to wear his underpants high above his jeans, and to walk around with a undeserved sence of achivement, which has been picked up by many rap stars since.
    I've also been the Body Double for "Fat Segal", Art adviser to "Jedward" and now acting as the physic Funnel for "Mel Gidson career ", one of the first men to wear a scarf with a T-shirt on sunny days. And I too always go for more food.
    Life's a bit better these days - house in the country, car, business, gorgeous wife and kids etc. But it doesn't hurt to have a rough time to look back on and help you make better decisions... :)

• SpectreBlofeldSpectreBlofeld AroundPosts: 364MI6 Agent
    l_9ac4188b5f87467ce0a7085d198d7281.jpg
    On the right.
    doubleme.jpg
    A typical visit to AJB.