Fiennes Confirmed for 23?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    So many rumors at the moment, But I agree Good news if true. He's a fine actor.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Ah, time was the rumor was that Fiennes would BE Bond, now he's merely co-starring with Bond. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    A fine actor; though if he's the villain, I'd still prefer an older actor :#
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Great actor. Would make a worthy adversary for DC's Bond as a villain....maybe Bardem (which was actually based in fact)
    opted to pass. However any casting news unless confirmed by EON or the actor themselves is all just rumour at this point but always interesting none the less. If true, it's encouraging to know that EON is looking at stronger types to be villains. Almaric in QOS would have worked much better if he had a heavy duty second in command/henchman to take on Bond. Almaric, while doing swarmy, evil and weasly very well looked like Craig could have beat him up with one arm tied behind his back...(and Connery could have killed him by just looking him directly in the eyes lol).
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Hang on - I saw this over a month ago..... and it's here

The topic is still on the first page.... :#
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    Hang on - I saw this over a month ago..... and it's here

The topic is still on the first page.... :#
    Seems this rumor has taken another step towards reality, is all. Guess it didn't need it's own thread, maybe a mod could squish them together? (Sorry Lexi, I didn't even look, just went and type-type-typed, oops)

And Loeff, I guess I'm leery of EON going with an older villain right now, especially a male one: do we really need to see not-very veiled father references and associations with Bond ala M being female/motherly? Considering the history of the series since GE, I fear we'd get a whole lot of that kinda family dynamic driving the plot (GE, TWINE, DAD all had healthy doses of such). The M thing doesn't bother me too much as at least there's a Fleming foundation for a bit of that, but what Fleming story featured Bond and his surrogate brother battling it out (GE), or a villain wanting to get back at her/his parent as primary motivation (TWINE, DAD)? Ugh, just really really don't want to see Bond the orphan struggling with his emo-feelings getting in the way of bringing a big bad pseudo-father figure to justice. A more age-appropriate and very deadly villain that contrasts/compares Bond's borderline sociopathic tendencies (think Grant and Scaramanga) would be cool, and with Fiennes and Bardem rumored I think that's what they're going for with 23. Or at least I hope so. Both Le Chiffre and Greene had some of that dynamic, looking for more of it in the next one. :007)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Disagree, Blue. The older villain thing, when done well (GF) need have none of the emo-crap you're talking about---so it certainly needn't carry on the wildly over-used mother-hen M to whom we've unfortunately become anchored. On the contrary, the recent string of (relatively) younger Bond villains seems badly in need of being broken.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
    Oh I agree the older villain can be and has been done better in the series (oh hell yeah to Gert!). Just the way the series has been going during the Brosnan era, which wasn't all that long ago, would make me worried.

Ah - Mr White, now there's a positive I can hold onto in this. Maybe it is time then (although Fiennes only has about 5 years or so on Craig).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,811MI6 Agent
    Raphe Fiennes can be good news (Schindlers's List) or really bad news (Avengers) or simply fake news.

If they go for an older villan, Frank Langella would be a brilliant choise. Swedish actor Mikael Persbrandt would make a good Henchman. I would really like to see those two against Bond,
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I simply wish we'd stop hearing rumors and insted got some firm info. But then again this is par for the course Antony Hopkins keeps getting a mention as well as Kevin spacey.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • FatbondFatbond Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Maybe true. Variety is reporting it. Seems more than rumor. http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118034436
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,615Chief of Staff
    No point in having two topics on the same subject...and as most of you know I'm open to bribes :)) ....so this one is closed...and this one stays open :D
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.