Composer for Bond 23?

TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
Right now I'm assuming that every crew position is up in the air, aside from Sam Mendes. And while I'd love to see what David Arnold comes up with on Bond 23 (his work on QoS was unexpectedly elegant and more melodically sophisticated than his Brosnan scores), Mendes is best known for working with Thomas Newman, whose work is characterized by a more minimalist style. Who do you think will write the musical score, and who do you want to see as composer?
Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,615Chief of Staff
    I think Arnold will return, his last couple of scores have been very good.

I'd like Hans Zimmer to get the chance though...I thought his score for Inception was incredible.
    YNWA 97
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    I have been quite satisfied with David Arnold's work on the Bond films, so would be very happy if he returned for Bond 23. I wouldn't necessarily be against them hiring a new composer though.
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    I never thought I'd say this, but Zimmer's really been on a roll lately with his innovative orchestrations on Sherlock Holmes and Inception, and I'd love to see what . That said, he's also extremely expensive to hire (rumored $1 million/movie) as almost everything he scores is a commercial success. I'm not sure if Sony would be willing to drop that kind of money when Arnold has been established as the Brosnan/Craig 007 composer and would charge less.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I may be mistaken, but I thought that David Arnold was confirmed as on board to score Bond 23. Bond 23 would be the perfect opportunity to salute and pay tribute to the late great John Barry with a great score that pays homage to his best work.
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    D'oh! You're right, HowardB - David Arnold's confirmed. According to an inside source, Barry approved of David Arnold as his successor as 007 composer - certainly over Eric Serra :p Given that Nic Dodd conducted for both Arnold and Barry, it wouldn't surprise me if there was some tribute piece on the soundtrack.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I love most of D Arnolds work and am glad He'll be Back for Bond 23. I thought his score for QOS was his best yet.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I'd love to see the classic "007" track (which was introduced in FRWL) and subsequently used as an action theme in a couple subsequent Barry scores adapted and used in Bond 23 as an homage....and maybe the original vocal theme from Thunderball "Mr. Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang," which was discarded be arranged by Arnold and re-recorded by Shirley Bassey and used as the theme song for the film. I don't care for visual homages to older films (like what was done in DAD) but musical cues IMO could both pay tasteful homage and actually enhance the film.