Daniel Craig's appearance in Bond 23

This film is still some way off - November 2012 to be precise.
I think the 4-year gap will suit Craig's Bond as in CR & QOS he is meant to be a newer 00.
In Bond 23 he will be 44, which will make him seem more like an established 00 in the field. He was 38 & 40 in his 2 films so far, so really he was only just able to pull off new 00 status. For me though his hair is too short in QOS. Bearing in mind in real life Daniel Craig's hair often appears longer & thick, sometimes with a parting.- now i'm not saying it should be the same, but i do think longer hair would look better. If you look at previous Bonds- both Brosnan & Dalton had thick full hair, although styled or slicked back at times. Craig's Bond looks too much like a run-of-the-mill action hero in QOS. His hair is just too plain. His hair was fine in CR as it was styled up at the front a bit & did seem to be gelled. It just seems too casual in QOS & too flat/short. Personally i hope his hair is thicker in the next & i wouldn't mind if he looked quite different.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes I think he will make an apperance in Bond 23. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Rainier WolfcastleRainier Wolfcastle Posts: 484MI6 Agent
    Andy007 wrote:
    i wouldn't mind if he looked quite different.
    As he is already looking far older than Roger Moore in AVTAK, they could CGI him a new head over his own - like a young Connery, Moore or Brosnan. Just like it has been done in Tron Legacy with Jeff Bridges.
    Andy007 wrote:

"As he is already looking far older than Roger Moore in AVTAK, they could CGI him a new head over his own - like a young Connery, Moore or Brosnan. Just like it has been done in Tron Legacy with Jeff Bridges." From Rainier Wolfcastle.

Madey they could CGI, Henry Cavills face on, It would keep alot of female fans very happy. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    I think you're paying more attention to DC's hair than I ever have :))
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    I think the hair was just more of the Steve McQueen look that they were going for with his clothes. Unfortunately it looked more like Sinatra's hair in the sixties.

Frank-Sinatra-Frank-Sinatras-Gr-426390.jpg
    daniel_craig.jpg
    He also has a fine set of Ears on him. :)) and the hair line seems to be drifting backwards alarmingly. Time to dig out some of Sir Sean's old syrups :))
  • Agent SidewinderAgent Sidewinder Posts: 223MI6 Agent
    It's strange (or maybe not) but when I saw that picture of Craig the words 'Red Grant' jumped into my head....
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    It's strange (or maybe not) but when I saw that picture of Craig the words 'Red Grant' jumped into my head....
    Sid James uglier brother jumped into mine.
    Agent Sidewinder wrote:
    Sid James uglier brother jumped into mine. From Superdaddy. :)) :)) :))
  • little nellylittle nelly London, EnglandPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    he he :)):)):))
    N O I N F O R M A T I O N I S U S E L E S S
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    This is a funny (albeit silly) thread....and I'm a big Craig as Bond fan. This thread is an example of having some good fun as opposed to nasty slagging. Just to throw my two cents in, Craig may actually be looking better as Bond....whether that is the result of make-up, surgery, CGI, good lighting, etc it's just all just movie magic. Read somewhere that Cubby said that they used to ice down Connery's chest to firm up his pectoral muscles when he had gained weight in YOLT. Couldn't care less...it's all about how it looks on the big screen, not what they have to do to get there.
  • KittlemeierKittlemeier U.S.Posts: 432MI6 Agent
    Don't get me wrong, Craig is second only to Dalton for me. That's only in the role itself though as I prefer the Craig movies. Even QoS. And I love the whole Steve McQueen vibe they did with his clothing, but the short crop looked less McQueen and more comb down, hiding it, semi Ceaser. Just immediately though of Sinatra's piece.
    Don't get me wrong, Craig is second only to Dalton for me. That's only in the role itself though as I prefer the Craig movies. Even QoS. And I love the whole Steve McQueen vibe they did with his clothing, but the short crop looked less McQueen and more comb down, hiding it, semi Ceaser. Just immediately though of Sinatra's piece.
    Only Sinattra looks younger,taller and better looking.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Andy007 wrote:

"As he is already looking far older than Roger Moore in AVTAK, they could CGI him a new head over his own - like a young Connery, Moore or Brosnan. Just like it has been done in Tron Legacy with Jeff Bridges."

Madey they could CGI, Henry Cavills face on, It would keep alot of female fans very happy. :))

You know thunderpussy, with all the posting you do, I'm suprised that you don't know how to quote people..... ;)

As for Wolfcastle thinking that craig looks older than Moore did in AVTAK - well, I think it's time you went to Specsavers :))

As for CGIing Cavills face over Craigs - don't you bloody dare. Craig is gorgeous just the way he is..... and I think he looked better in QoS than he did in CR - And craig is only 42 now - so when they begin filming at the end of this year - and the beginning of next, he still will be only 42 - so not sure where the 44 has cropped up from :# :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Sadly Lexi, My addled Brain Brain can't take in the Information, ( I have read the blurb on quotes, posting photos and Videos, can't get my head round it ) so for now I'll stick to copy and paste. In many ways I'm a modern luddite, If that's not a contradiction in Terms. :))
    And you've every right to think Craig is Gorgeous, I used to have an old Bulldog bitch who I though was the prettiest Dog in the whole world. :))
  • TracyTracy the VillagePosts: 369MI6 Agent
    I have to second Lexi - as much as I appreciate Roger Moore, he does start showing his age in TSWLM simply because he assumed the role at an older age. I personally think the short hair is just fine because longer hair would look odd with his distinctive bone structure.
    Flattery will get you nowhere, but don't stop trying.
    Craig with Long Blonde hair, have you checked out his ad for International womens day. :))
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:

"As he is already looking far older than Roger Moore in AVTAK, they could CGI him a new head over his own - like a young Connery, Moore or Brosnan. Just like it has been done in Tron Legacy with Jeff Bridges."

You know thunderpussy, with all the posting you do, I'm suprised that you don't know how to quote people..... ;)

As for Wolfcastle thinking that craig looks older than Moore did in AVTAK - well, I think it's time you went to Specsavers :))

As for CGIing Cavills face over Craigs - don't you bloody dare. Craig is gorgeous just the way he is..... and I think he looked better in QoS than he did in CR - And craig is only 42 now - so when they begin filming at the end of this year - and the beginning of next, he still will be only 42 - so not sure where the 44 has cropped up from :# :))

Hey lexi, anyone would think you had a crush on DC... :v

Actually I felt for TP here.... That's gotta hurt ... 8-)
  • Tokyo MattTokyo Matt Posts: 99MI6 Agent
    hello Mr. Thunderpussy.

Liked your orignal reply on this thread, (No.2). Liked your comment about the bulldog much more. My nephew had a bulldog, I thought it was the most beautiful-ugly thing in the whole wide world.

R.I.P. Spike.

Spike was a dribbling, saggy skinned, pug faced little slab of muscle, but when I looked at him I saw only beauty.

So, I've been asking around girlfriends. They all seem to come up with some excuse for Craig's looks; "different but", "interesting but", "not typically good looking but" "not model good looks but"................but they all seem to agree that he's dead fanciable and attractive.

Me, I would kill to be as handsome, as tall, have as much hair as Craig.

What's this got to do with this thread?
    I hope Craig looks as good as he did in CR and QoS.
    And I hope one of the accessories he has (to go along with the Omega or Rolex monstrosity, Ronson comet and Persol sunglasses), is a bulldog in the passenger seat of his DB5.
    Fair's fair, Blofeld had that daft cat!
    Tokyo Matt, Should bond have a Bulldog, " Oh Yes !" :))
    Ke02eww, I feel suitably chastised, Luckily I'm into Bondage, Humiliation and Extreme S&M. so It's all works for Me. :v :))
    Lexi wrote:

Craig is 43 so when he is filming in the spring of next year he will be 44. Some fan huh Lexi.
    Born:Daniel Wroughton Craig
    March 2, 1968 in Chester, Cheshire, England, UK

Just copied from IMDB, Hope this helps. {:)
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    He also has a fine set of Ears on him. :)) and the hair line seems to be drifting backwards alarmingly. Time to dig out some of Sir Sean's old syrups :))

When first cast I thought mmmmm they will have to do something about those ears, and give him lifts, as on occasion he runs the risk of looking a bit like Golum. Amazingly they left them in tact, which is weird as he certainly looks to have had a fair amount of 'work' done since being first cast. I'm not suggesting permanent surgery, but I hope that they can pin them back for 23 as they can detract and undermine his performance ( my wife struggles to take him seriously as a consequence)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,287MI6 Agent
    Andy007 wrote:

"As he is already looking far older than Roger Moore in AVTAK, they could CGI him a new head over his own - like a young Connery, Moore or Brosnan. Maby they could CGI Henry Cavills face on, It would keep alot of female fans very happy. :))

I've heard Allesandra would like to give Cavill('s) head. :))
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,287MI6 Agent
    Anyway! I'm bemused by this topic.

Craig has had work done and it showed in QoS, in an improvement. I thought his ears were pinned back, and he's either had a weave or hair transplant, whatever Matthew McConaughy or Liam Neeson have had, it seems to work and looks mostly effective. I thought mostly he looked okay but to me his looks are a bit of a gimmick in a way and it's losing its impact, they way his looks were different to other standard leading men including past Bonds.

I'm not sure the dialogue works very well with Craig, they havent' quite nailed it. He needs Bogart type dialogue imo and a sassy girl like Lauren Becall to run up against.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Thomas OuttThomas Outt Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    I think it would be splendid to have actors who have played James Bond in past films to have odd & quirky bit parts in the proposed next film. I can only presume that this thought has been expressed before. Not at the expense of Daniel Craig, but just some fun with nostalgic casting while it can still be done. It would make a great chapter in film history.
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    That's tempting, but the trouble with gimmicks is you end up with something like Die Another Day... :#

Welcome aboard BTW. -{
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
    They could do something along the lines of TLD, as the other two 00's with Dalton where supposed to resemble Lazenby and Moore. ( I never noticed until I read it somewhere ) so they could do something like that. Have 5 not true look-a -likes but actors with a resemblence to Connery,Lazenby,Moore, Dalton and Brosnan. sitting at another card table, or in the background of some scene. Not enough to take away from which ever scene itself, But just enough for fans to notice perhaps after repeated viewings
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I'm not into any gimmicks, etc. The best way to pay homage and honor the series on its 50th Anniverary would be to make a great Bond film........
  • ExpatJBExpatJB HoustonPosts: 752MI6 Agent
    Dont wait for your ship to come in. Swim out and meet the bloody thing.