Sony to distribute 23!

bluemanblueman PDXPosts: 1,667MI6 Agent
Deal announced today. Sweet!

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,287MI6 Agent
    How involved are MGM then? I read somewhere that they were doctoring a new film so that Chinese soldiers were a different nationality, so the next Bond would have a market in China. The film itself escapes me, an action flick.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • PPK 7.65mmPPK 7.65mm Saratoga Springs NY USAPosts: 1,230MI6 Agent
    That would be the remake of the 1984 action classic Red Dawn. In the orginal it was American teens verus the Soviet Union, Cuba, and Nicaragua. In the remake the baddies are China and North Korea. Having Chinese Communists as the baddies has been frowned upon from some, and last I knew the writers were ordered revise the screenplay due to MGM wanting the film to sell tickets better in the Asian market.

As for Bond 23, Spyglass entertainment helped to bring MGM back from drowning moneywise and Sony which also helped to distribute CR and QOS will be the ones to market Bond 23 come November 2012.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Any sign of forward momentum is most welcome at this point! -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Not surprising at all. Sony has coveted Bond for years and IMO would probably have stepped up even if MGM completely ceased to exist. Beyond the obvious, Sony also is in a bit of a gamble now with their top francise and cash cow, Spiderman (which is being re-booted rather than just recast) and having a piece of a critic-proof, guaranteed international moneymaking, literary and cinematic icon keeps them in the blockbuster francise business.