NEW AJB CONTEST: WINNERS ANNOUNCED in post 155

Comments

• pyratpyrat Posts: 260MI6 Agent
    Should anyone ask, you are doing research... ;)
    Pyrat
    Reflections in a double bourbon...
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    :o

I doubt that I'll be a winner but does anyone know when the winners will be announced..... there's a little suspense being built up here!

:s
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I have given the judges several days to determine the winners...that being said, most of the judges have replied so winners will be announced soon!
    Winners Announced!

What an incrdedible contest with truly amazing entries. This was extremely difficult for the judges indeed. But alas, since this is a contest there ARE those that were outstanding in certain categories. We have also listed runner ups to each category and although they are not prize winners they are still considered absolutely the creme de la creme!

Most Creative:

The most creative award goes to ICS who not only provided us with stunning and well laid out photos, but MADE many of the props seen in their pictures. The below picture hilites why ICS was a clear winner.

creative2.jpg

Runner up for most creative goes to CJ007Goldeneye who was extremely creative in his design of the 007 logo using props!

most_creative.jpg

The Funniest entry goes to BondFanMedia who submitted a hilarious grouping of photos especially the well packed attache for travel:

Funniest.jpg

Runner up for funniest goes to VESPER65 for his young Scaramanga in training!

Funniest2.jpg

Best Use of Collection goes to texas007 who combined travel, props, lifestyle, personal experience and artistry into one of the strongest submissions we have! And with a great back story to boot!

Bestuseofcollection.jpg

Runner up for best use of collection goes to joelshannon who created what the judges called, "a desk that looks like Bond would have..."

Bestuseofcollection2.jpg

And finally....drum roll please..............

Best in Show goes to............... ttdriver! His post #108 was a first in any contest we have had where all the judges were in total agreement. They made mention that it combines everything about Bond...sex, props, adventure, and all served up in a professional and artistic way! A runaway winner.

Runner up was also ttdriver so let's just show the winning picture:

FRWL_entry.jpg

Congratulations to ALL the winners. The prizes are awarded as follows:

Most Creative: A shrublands health retreat shirt and Factory Entertainment Tarot Cards
    Funniest: A set of AVTAK transparencies and Factory Entertainment Tarot Cards
    Best Use of Collection: A shrublands health retreat shirt and Factory Entertainment Tarot Cards
    Best in Show: Super Rare Factory Entertainment Artist Proof Jaws Teeth

Special thanks to Danjaqoff and Factory Entertainment for their most generous contribution of GREAT prizes. Winners should PM me their address.
    I thought you might like to see some of the anonymous comments from the judges:

The photos from Paul DeDoes (TTDRIVER)!
    Not because he used an attractive girl but because he EFFECTIVELY used an attractive girl to showcase the props.
    He attempted, successfully, to duplicate the poses of the girls in the stills from Dr.No, From Russia with Love and
    For Your Eyes Only.
    His use of professionally photography and lighting entitles him as the winner.
    I think if he takes 8 more photos he can successfully sell them as calendars to the AJB board!!

Ian (ICS) from the Double-O Club. Again, great photography and placement of the props, good lighting and the fact that they MADE some of the props in the photos merits a 2nd place in my regard.

Photos submitted by Matt Sherman. If sex sells…so does making you smile. Matt approached his entry from a different venue and truly made me smile.
    Not only was the photo shoot funny…it was dangerous…LOL
    I also liked his montage of mixing props in between the covers of the books. Very inventive and reminiscent of the ads from the 60’s & 70’s.

Kan because he LOOKS like a Bond villain in the shot of the Faberge eggs. Also, the pics of him on Scaramanga’s island are priceless and well thought out.

108 - http://postimage.org/image/1d8vgzwqs/
    FRWL posing girl. Best of the four entries by this participant in my opinion. Combines all that is James Bond (collecting) in one image.

ttdriver, Post 108 / (Second photo, the FRWL collection) Good effort, good display, great use of the model. Also Best in Show.

texas007 / The display itself is the best use of COLLECTION, and the photos in Thailand represent the best USE of collection. Well done!

Post 86 / (The Living Daylights props; Great props, great photography)

joelshannon / Post 43 / (Looks like the real desk Bond would come home to)
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Congrats to all the winners!!! -{ Really fantastic entries - great photographs and amazing props!!! I'm envious of all the great prop collections submitted for this contest. And thanks to David and all of those who set up another great contest!! This is what makes this forum so much fun to be a part of. My hat's off to you.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • ke02ewwke02eww USPosts: 2,063MI6 Agent
    edited June 2011
    Wanted to echo Craigs comments above.....

And applaud the judges for difficult decisions.....

My own favorites amongst the next in class were;

Jimibondi   His lotus and the action shots are gorgeous....

Universal exports Germany.  His Cr shots are some of the best fan-repros of bond scenes ive seen...

Richmenstoys. Great  Displays with some hard to acquire pieces...

Astonmartin DBS. I loved the   Goldfinger montage - simple but very effective.

Pyrat. That  Lamp is worth a prize on it's own....but nice shots, very bondian

Ultimate truth Sorry ttdriver, but those jeans !.... Just superb rear guard action...

J.Bauer - liked the pistol montages....

And of course micks superb golden gun - some nicely posed shots of his own work....still an ajb classic...

Who'd be a judge?....

PPS..... Remarkable that Ian can still win a contest like this without his two lethal props..... 8-)

I vote that Ian is banned from the next contest unless he gets his big guns out... :v

But thanks to all for sharing ...

One more time....

1a2954b6.png

Hope you don't mine UT...
  • Aston Martin DBSAston Martin DBS Derbyshire, EnglandPosts: 659MI6 Agent
    Well done everyone - wish I could have won as there were some nice prizes on offer - but all of the winners were well deserved so well done and congratulations!
    "NEVER SAY NO TO ADVENTURES." Ian Fleming
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Ohhhhhh we won… impressing ;)

Here my thoughts on some of the different photos…

My favourite photo is Kan with the Octopussy "Faberge" egg…. Very very impressing photo

DSC_1144.JPG

But also Kans Scaramanga display is very very nice – I especially like the costume made tailor suite… and the islands photos - dreammmmmmm

Jimmis Lotus photos is like a wet dream…. An absolute top… just need the “Burglar protected” sign in the window – perhaps somebody I know is working on that ;)

Ttdriver – hummmm is the girl part of the collection (found on ebay??) the only problem with the girl is that she takes the focus on a real nice collection… I personally like the FYEO photo with Max ;)

FYEO_entry.jpg

But the props are not in focus, so you can se the quality – a pity

Paul – if we are baned the next time…please turn us into judges ;)

If I look at our photos my favourite is…

AWTAK – the last summer party theme with chleve..so much work went into it… the Ascot programme is modified so it has Pegasus owned by Zorin in it… and The hoarse Penny cheer for (can you remember the name ??) – in addition we have changed names in other places so a lot of ajb members may find a real surprise in the book…

LTK – Armorlite sticker – can you place the scene – so essential in a lot of ways… The Lark detonator still in progress (going to end with colour diodes like in the movie). A farewell to arms – not seen in the movie, but a nice quote…

TLD – Koskovs broken photo… a real defining Dalton scene…

The credit cards… Andy did a splendid job and the Visa likewise… The others are pre-prints of what to come…..

Ohhhh I turned this into a new quiz
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    Congratulations to all Winners - Very nice all the way -{
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • jimmybondijimmybondi ShrublandsPosts: 328MI6 Agent
    ics wrote:

Jimmis Lotus photos is like a wet dream…. An absolute top… just need the “Burglar protected” sign in the window – perhaps somebody I know is working on that ;)

Ian, look closer...It's there :D

7632_1245949636916_1474656160_671639_6766749_n.jpg

My congrats to all winners!
    gez.
    Jimmybondi

007fyeoturboespritbronz.jpg
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    jimmybondi wrote:
    ics wrote:

Ian, look closer...It's there :D

7632_1245949636916_1474656160_671639_6766749_n.jpg

My congrats to all winners!

Ohhhh Jimmi – that is brown or ???? should be red ;)
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    Thank you all !!! -{
    It was a lot of fun digging out my collection and shooting the photos.
    Special congratulation to Paul D. for the winning shots. Love them :v
  • ttdriverttdriver Posts: 202MI6 Agent
    Thanks for such a great contest...loved being able to be a part of it! The Bond girl is indeed part of my collection(but don't tell her)! I didn't find her on ebay, but the hunt was intense nevertheless. I know the FYEO piece needs some work, and I promise to fix it and post another for you all to see. Thanks again to Mantis and AJB for putting this together for us to show off some of our stuff!
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    ke02eww wrote:

One more time....

1a2954b6.png

Hope you don't mine UT...
    LOL......No Problem Bro
  • thespyboys11thespyboys11 Lindenwold,NJPosts: 1,845MI6 Agent
    Fantastic entries by all !!!
    Congratulation to the participants for their imaginative entries.
    Ed
    TheSpyBoys.com
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    It was fun and my family had several more entry ideas that were pretty wild... so I hope we can do it again soon. Everyone did a great job and thank you to Agent Zaritsky and the judges!
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • scaramangasgoldengunscaramangasgoldengun ScotlandPosts: 1,388MI6 Agent
    Was a great Contest... Well done! Mr. Zaritsky! Fantastic as always.

Fantastic entries by everyone, top notch stuff!

Congratulation to all the winners and everyone involved

great work guys -{ :007)
  • AbelAbel DenmarkPosts: 352MI6 Agent
    AWTAK – the last summer party theme with chleve..so much work went into it… the Ascot programme is modified so it has Pegasus owned by Zorin in it… and The hoarse Penny cheer for (can you remember the name ??) – in addition we have changed names in other places so a lot of ajb members may find a real surprise in the book…

LTK – Armorlite sticker – can you place the scene – so essential in a lot of ways… The Lark detonator still in progress (going to end with colour diodes like in the movie). A farewell to arms – not seen in the movie, but a nice quote…

The credit cards… Andy did a splendid job and the Visa likewise… The others are pre-prints of what to come…..

Hope all the work you have done has not been to mutch for you Ian.

Thanks for telling who took the picture modify the pictures and make all the props!!

You ar som kind of "friend"
    You left this with Ferrara, I believe
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Ian told us you just make the ButtPlugs :v :D

Abel wrote:

Hope all the work you have done has not been to mutch for you Ian.

Thanks for telling who took the picture modify the pictures and make all the props!!

You ar som kind of "friend"
  • UltimateTruthUltimateTruth Posts: 140MI6 Agent
    edited June 2011
    My friendly protest of the results (All I wanted was a Scrublands shirt !)
    015.jpg
  • ttdriverttdriver Posts: 202MI6 Agent
    My thanks to all involved! The prize is excellent! Here is a thank you from my Bond Girl for all...
    prize.jpg
    Not to play dress up, but it would be fun to see how your misses (name?) would look in a Shrublands Retreat shirt...will pop one in the mail on Tuesday....
    UltimateTruth, send me your address and size via PM and I will send you a shirt...my pleasure!
    The Mantis wrote:
    Not to play dress up, but it would be fun to see how your misses (name?) would look in a Shrublands Retreat shirt...will pop one in the mail on Tuesday....

Dave, make sure you send the smallest size possible please :v
    Toddler size it is!
    015.jpg

Something screams desperation here :v, tell your friend that a pic of her ass don't suffice, tt's Mrs blew her out of the game :v

Not that I was a Judge or anything :D -{
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    015.jpg

Something screams desperation here :v, tell your friend that a pic of her ass don't suffice, tt's Mrs blew her out of the game :v

Not that I was a Judge or anything :D -{

Subtle as ever pete ...

Hey mantis send the man a shirt - provided proof of receipt is posted :)
    On it, sir!