"Surrender" or "Tomorrow Never Dies?"

ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
Which theme do you prefer as the theme for the film Tomorrow Never Dies? k.d. Lang's "Surrender," or "Tomorrow Never Dies" by Sheryl Crow? David Arnold's score seemed to be modeled off of Lang's track (e.g. "Backseat Driver") as if it was the original title song for the film. What are your opinions?
"Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE

Comments

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,286MI6 Agent
    Not crazy about either of them. David Arnold is awfully snippy about other composers but I just didn't like the tune to Surrender much, didn't fancy it. A bit strained and bombastic. Crow is alright but too low key with cliche lyrics, grinds the film to a depressing halt. Shame Arnold couldn't have used the tune in one or two scenes though, a bit churlish.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,610Chief of Staff
    Shame Arnold couldn't have used the tune in one or two scenes though, a bit churlish.

I think Arnold had already completed the soundtrack before the powers that be decided to use Sheryl's track....so it was too late to incorporate her tune.
    Of the two....I prefer kd lang's Surrender....although I do like Pulp's Tomorrow Never Lies -{
    YNWA 97